Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Newmarket

Newmarket All communities starting and established in Newmarket

Old 2014-02-26, 08:27 PM
Regular User

Default Stonehaven by National Homes

Let's start a thread on this upcoming project!

Anyone considering this location? What's your insight?
Old 2014-02-27, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Magna Cam-Slide has no plans to relocate. So it's there to stay for sometime. It's been there for a very long time, too. Back 10 years ago, they had 3 shifts. They were working 24 hours a day. I don't know about now, but perhaps camp out and ask some people who work there. Big trucks do go in and out during the day and early mornings.

If these homes are built at the end of Newpark blvd, then everytime you enter from Bayview, you will have to drive past that small industrial area. This will most certainly hinder appreciation.

The plaza on Bayview/Stonehaven is very new. Like a couple months maybe. It's anchor store will not be Shoppers Drug Mart, so perhaps there will be a grocery store in the future.

National Homes has been around since 1992. The fact that this builder has not changed names since its inception (or as far as I can tell), means that it's probably a pretty decent builder. For example, Mosaik homes on Bathurst/Davis has changed its name at least once in the last 5 years. You can probably guess why. Also National Homes hasn't won any BILD awards, but these don't really mean much anyway.

Local High School is Newmarket High School. 94th in Ontario (I previously said 49 but that is Sacred Heart *my mistake*). Good school and within walk-able distance.

Very local grocery stores:
- superstore
- longo's
- sobey's
- vince's

You should drive around the area yourself. It's always best to curb expectations until you see it with your own eyes.

Last edited by anikiri; 2014-02-27 at 11:52 AM.
Old 2014-02-27, 04:56 PM
Regular User

When the project opens, I will definitely ask them the question about the Magna Cam-Slide on Newpark blvd because the proximity seems close. Also, it would kind of suck to drive by a commercial/industrial section before getting home each day, especially we trucks in and out of that street. Its going to be bad for driving and walking. Bad curb appeal for sure.

I was hoping they would kind of actually block off access from Newpark Blvd, add a wall/fence and some trail path and trees. Instead have access from Dillman Ave which comes off from Stonehaven Ave on the south side. And on the East side there seems to be some land that you can connect a street to Kingsmere Ave. On the north side, you can bring a street that connects to Quaker Trail.

I am not a city planner, but I think that would kind of give a sense of "isolation" from the commercial/industrial portion of the area. The wall/fence with trees/trail path/parks should help with noise disturbance (if there is any). At the same time, you can still access the neighbourhood from Bayview through Stonehaven, Mullock Dr through Quaker Trail, and Leslie through Stonehaven or Ivsbridge Blvd to Kingsmere Ave. This is probably the best way to retain some of its appreciation potential.

Unless the builder know something we don't, which is those industrial/commercial sites would get moved in the next 5-10 years.

I am sure if I ask the builder, they won't know or won't answer, but I am curious if they will be clever with the road access to avoid Newpark Blvd being the main access, because it would definitely negatively affect their value in my opinion.

By the way, does anyone know if these industrial/commercial site are "leased" or "owned"? Can the city/town force them to sell to residential developers or retailer developers?
Old 2014-02-28, 10:56 PM
Regular User

Please google "national homes newmarket", you will find the link:

http://www.newmarket.ca/en/townhall/...tudy102612.pdf

See page 8: "Newpark blvd" blocked! New entry via small road beside the Stonehaven school.

My big question is if National Homes will really sell 35 ft lot starting 570's, considering the prices of Arbors.
Old 2014-03-06, 06:44 PM

This new site by National Homes is one of the worst because of the industrial site, and this industrial site will be there for years to come. Residential sites introduced into existing industrial sites, do not increase in value. With a market slow down, the properties at this site will lose their initial value. Don't be fooled by the builders "free upgrades" or other incentives, like pricing. The industrial site adds a negative value to this site. Buyer beware!!!
Old 2014-03-07, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW View Post
The industrial site adds a negative value to this site. Buyer beware!!!
I agree...don't be fooled. The builders bought this land at a cheaper price. There is a reason for that.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:31 PM
Regular User

Just got an invite to national homes preview day, on April 5th. Anyone else? Hear anything about this developement?
Old 2014-03-28, 03:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everlooking View Post
Just got an invite to national homes preview day, on April 5th. Anyone else? Hear anything about this developement?
I registered a month ago but no invite. I am curious how's the lot, price, and floor plan.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:46 PM
Regular User

Walter I live in the area presently where you are purchasing, but looking for something bigger. If you have any questions about area feel free to pm me.
Old 2014-03-28, 06:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everlooking View Post
Walter I live in the area presently where you are purchasing, but looking for something bigger. If you have any questions about area feel free to pm me.
Hey, for some reason, it would not allow me to PM you, no option to be found.

Do you currently live around Stonehaven community or the one closer to St John Forest/ Aurora Trails?