Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2005-08-15, 10:07 AM
Regular User

Default Plans...

I am not really sure what plans I need. I am told there are grading plans, blueprints and a few others which I can't remember the name of.

I want to know what my builder looked at while constructing my home. I live on the corner and the changes are quite significant to what we agreed to purchase.

The town seems to have lost all my plans as well as my neighbour who is also a corner with the same model and elevation, convenient?

Will these blueprint plans tell me what the inside and outside of the house is suppose to look like?

Utterly confused and frustrated, any help appreciated!!!

Lisa

Cheers,
George and Lisa
Old 2005-08-15, 12:30 PM
Administrator

There should be plans for the sub-division showing all the lots. Then there should be a plan for your selected house model on that lot. There should be some sort of idea on exactly what the grading will be.. such as water runoff etc.. There should also be some blueprints for your house on file as to how it will be constructed as well as any ammendments to accommodate some last minute changes.

You will definately want to consult with your lawyer to get anything you may require.
Old 2005-08-16, 09:49 AM
Regular User

Default Plans...

Hello Lisa...

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your plans. We've spoken before on and off the forum quite some time ago and I know that we are building the model home as you (and it's also on a corner lot). We're slated to move in at the end of September, and I'm curious to hear what differences from the plans that you've encountered, in case we have the same problem. I know of a couple of differences from the original plans, and that's a few extra windows and the wrap around porch.

I hope that everything works out for you!

Heather