Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2018-02-22, 01:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyDR View Post
Very good news for the new catholic school Pope Francis in our community, the school has ranked 35 over 3064 schools in Ontario in Math and language on the Fraser Institute annual report card. According to that report, Pope Francis ranked as the best elementary school in Vaughan, 5th in entire York region.
School and community should continue to work hard to keep up with the ranking. Â…
For more visit : http://compareschoolrankings.org/
Great news! Love being in a walking distance to school
Old 2018-03-04, 10:08 AM
Regular User

Does anyone know what the timeline is on the commercial space slated for mm and barons or that open space across from it?
Old 2018-03-08, 09:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstone View Post
Does anyone know what the timeline is on the commercial space slated for mm and barons or that open space across from it?
probably in 2020 or 2021. Definetly after the Major mac widening and 427 termination exit's are complete.
Old 2018-03-08, 01:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd1981 View Post
probably in 2020 or 2021. Definetly after the Major mac widening and 427 termination exit's are complete.
As far as I understand no plans to move the rail depo or tracks? All of that is staying right?

I am struggling to understand where then would all that construction goo. The area is already packed with multiple connecting/crossing rail lines etc.
Old 2018-03-08, 10:40 PM
Regular User

Intermodal yard is staying. There's a notice posted near highway 50 for open air storage of those sea containers, so that's probably staying. Major Mack is supposed to be 4 lanes after the 427 terminus so how knows what that side is gonna look like. I wonder if they will build where the pipeline thing is on Huntington.

This area is going to look nothing like it does now in 5 years.
Old 2018-03-16, 02:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Intermodal yard is staying. There's a notice posted near highway 50 for open air storage of those sea containers, so that's probably staying. Major Mack is supposed to be 4 lanes after the 427 terminus so how knows what that side is gonna look like. I wonder if they will build where the pipeline thing is on Huntington.

This area is going to look nothing like it does now in 5 years
especially the people living close to major mac. They're going to look out their bedroom window and see vehicles at eye level.
Old 2018-03-16, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Ideally they should've done an underpass but I guess issues with the water table prevented this. Similar to what they did at mccowan and 14th Ave in Markham with those tracks
Old 2018-03-21, 05:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Ideally they should've done an underpass but I guess issues with the water table prevented this. Similar to what they did at mccowan and 14th Ave in Markham with those tracks
possibly. It's also cheaper to build a bridge than to dig.
Old 2018-04-22, 10:58 PM
Regular User

Anyone here know of a reliable Fence Building Contractor? I just got a flyer from one company TorOnCan, but I want to know of other options. Apparently there’s a meeting with neighbours regarding the matter of building our fences, but the said company may not be a good choice. Do I need to agree with the surrounding neighbours? Can an individual house pay and build a fence on their own without any agreement with their neighbours? Thanks.
Old 2018-04-23, 10:41 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNeuwin View Post
Anyone here know of a reliable Fence Building Contractor? I just got a flyer from one company TorOnCan, but I want to know of other options. Apparently there’s a meeting with neighbours regarding the matter of building our fences, but the said company may not be a good choice. Do I need to agree with the surrounding neighbours? Can an individual house pay and build a fence on their own without any agreement with their neighbours? Thanks.
We had a company called Uprite Fence do ours, and I cannot recommend them at all. We have multiple posts lifting in my yard due to to frost, which tells me they did not go as deep as they say they do, trying to get them back is a chore, but they did come back eventually. The one thing they did do that I respected is that they got a proper surveyor to actually stake out the property lines correctly. But the quality of materials and workmanship left a lot to be desired. And the fancy post caps they told us about are no more than $1.99 at Home Hardware.