Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-03-12, 03:11 PM
Regular User

Default Where did you buy your appliances? Salesperson recommendation?

I went to Lowes on Hazeldean today ready to spend $15k on the spot and buy all my appliances on a whim. The salesperson wasn't the nicest when I asked about a special order but the deal breaker was they will only hold for two weeks (?!). Sears held for a year+ when I bought for our current house. I need the kitchen appliance specs much sooner than delivery.

My question - Do you have a specific salesperson to recommend at a west end appliance store? I want to avoid being stuck with the salesperson hovering at the door for fresh meat... Somewhere that is comfortable with new construction constraints like purchasing way in advance? Leons? Corbeil? Sears? The Brick?
Old 2017-03-12, 03:26 PM
Regular User

We went to Sears this weekend since we have 10x points, free delivery and 6 months financing with no interest. We spent $10k and will get $1k in points. They will match any deal you have with lowes or other stores. Deal ends this Sunday. Good luck.

Old 2017-03-13, 12:57 AM
Regular User

Canadian appliance source. Best prices in town (do your research... you'll see). We bought 8 months before move. Spent 9k$. Ended up having a free upgrade cause the model we had bought wasn't sold anymore. They'll also price match if the price lowers along the way

Old 2017-03-13, 07:25 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyman View Post
Canadian appliance source. Best prices in town (do your research... you'll see). We bought 8 months before move. Spent 9k$. Ended up having a free upgrade cause the model we had bought wasn't sold anymore. They'll also price match if the price lowers along the way
We bought all of our appliances through Home Depot and they price matched CAS plus 10% off. They also held our appliances for 90 days and price matched our fridge while they were holding it.
Old 2017-03-13, 08:44 AM
Regular User

I bought my cooktop, wall oven/microwave, fridge, and dishwasher at CAS. The sales person kept knocking the price down as we wrote up the bill. Main reason I went with CAS is they had all the specific appliances I wanted.
Old 2017-03-13, 11:52 AM
Regular User

We bought ours from Corbeil next to Ikea. David Puckett was the salesman that helped us and he was fantastic.

We selected our appliances around this time of year and they held them until our closing date in January. They priced match any sale between the date we ordered and the date of delivery. I scored huge with the Boxing Day sales We paid an initial deposit of about $500 and the balance was due before delivery.
Old 2017-03-13, 01:48 PM
Regular User

Corbeil on Innes Road. I think the salesperson was Derek Thornhill? He was really polite, knowledgeable, and was not pushy at all. The prices they provided were very competitive.
Old 2017-03-13, 08:40 PM
Regular User

Thank you all for the recommendations. Most helpful.
Old 2017-03-14, 08:25 AM
Regular User

Question about buying now and holding the appliances, when does the warranty start? I've asked all the stores mentioned in this post and they all give different answers, some say as soon as you pay your warranty starts so if the store keeps them for say 6 months, you've already lost 6 months of warranty by the time you have them delivered. Others, say if you only pay a deposit and not the full amount (as required at Sears now) then your warranty doesn't start until the account is settled before delivery. Hopefully someone on here has some insight.
Old 2017-03-14, 09:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swales View Post
Question about buying now and holding the appliances, when does the warranty start? I've asked all the stores mentioned in this post and they all give different answers, some say as soon as you pay your warranty starts so if the store keeps them for say 6 months, you've already lost 6 months of warranty by the time you have them delivered. Others, say if you only pay a deposit and not the full amount (as required at Sears now) then your warranty doesn't start until the account is settled before delivery. Hopefully someone on here has some insight.
I bought mine through Sears and the warranty starts on delivery. I bought about 3 months before I moved in and they price matched CAS. Corbeil only carries the ones I wanted on special order so couldn't/wouldn't cut me a deal.