Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-03-14, 01:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
I bought mine through Sears and the warranty starts on delivery. I bought about 3 months before I moved in and they price matched CAS. Corbeil only carries the ones I wanted on special order so couldn't/wouldn't cut me a deal.
Thanks. Only thing I didn't like about Sears was that they wanted the full amount at time of ordering, I was looking to order about 6 months out and every other store just wanted a deposit.
Old 2017-03-15, 01:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swales View Post
Thanks. Only thing I didn't like about Sears was that they wanted the full amount at time of ordering, I was looking to order about 6 months out and every other store just wanted a deposit.
We ordered from Sears, but were definitely bummed to pay in advance. We ordered on Black Friday for a Sept move - we became an anecdote for our salesguy. He said he made quite a few advanced sales after telling people about the crazy couple that ordered 10 months in advance. We saved about $1000 by doing it that way so it was fine by me!
Old 2017-03-15, 01:20 PM
Regular User

With Sears your warranty starts at the delivery even you ordered 1 year ago. With Lowes your warranty starts at the day you buy your appliances.

Old 2017-04-01, 09:00 AM
Regular User

Hello guys.... I bought my appliances from sears aswell. Just wondering from whome are you getting it installed? Sears told me that they don't install the appliances.
Old 2017-04-03, 09:25 AM
Regular User

I bought some appliances from Dufresne Furniture, they price matched and keep my appliances for over 6 months. What is great about Dufrenes is that they will price match at any time until your closing date for any new build house purchases. You can also cancel your order at any time.

I had a really bad experience with CAS, they poached our order (without our knowledge and after we got an email that our fridge was in) to give it to someone else and then our fridge was back order. They offered to upgrade to a better model but it would also have been a late delivery. Because of that, I would never go back to CAS.
Old 2017-04-03, 10:26 AM
Regular User

So yesterday was a fun day as we went to check on the different appliances we would like to have. Home Depot only holds for 90 days and the warranty starts as soon as you purchase (so it is a waste of 3 months)... Corbeil (found that it was very expensive and the sales agent was not in a too good mood). We went to Sears on Saint-Laurent and Darryl was amazing. He took time to look with us and price match everything we found on CAS website. Of course, they also promised to keep everything for a full year and before delivery, if they go on sale again, we will be credited the extra that we will pay. I think it is a good and pretty decent deal. What do you think?
Old 2017-04-03, 09:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase5 View Post
So yesterday was a fun day as we went to check on the different appliances we would like to have. Home Depot only holds for 90 days and the warranty starts as soon as you purchase (so it is a waste of 3 months)... Corbeil (found that it was very expensive and the sales agent was not in a too good mood). We went to Sears on Saint-Laurent and Darryl was amazing. He took time to look with us and price match everything we found on CAS website. Of course, they also promised to keep everything for a full year and before delivery, if they go on sale again, we will be credited the extra that we will pay. I think it is a good and pretty decent deal. What do you think?

Sears in the shopping mall? Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 2017-04-04, 11:08 PM
Regular User

After much searching, went with Corbeil. David Puckett - who was excellent.
Knowledgeable. Honest. Price matched most. Holding for 9 months. Get sale price if comes on cheaper. Don't pay for a year after delivery. Happy with that.
Old 2017-04-04, 11:35 PM

I bought mine at Brault & Martineau or Sears Home store. I usually wait for a good sale.
Old 2017-04-05, 10:18 AM
Regular User

From whom are you getting it installed?