Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Toronto

Toronto Toronto, North York, East York, Scarborough, Etobicoke, and more!

Old 2012-05-22, 03:29 AM

Default Firstview townhome Warden Woods (warden & st. clair)

Helllllo!
Just wondering if there are any other neighbours out there :-)

These townhouses are set to close jan-mar 2013.. 2200 sq ft (4bed +4.5 bath)
I already live in this pocket .. Bought my first home there built by mattamy in 2009, and i really like the area and community so ive decided to upgrade into this new build.

So far they've been really accommodating with interior changes to the house which is great because it sort of feels custom built :-)

Really looking fwd to my new place!

I asked the builder to lay linolium everywhere (almost) because i wanna do my own high end floors for lesser cost but they werent very open to this.. What else is resiliant floors?

Hope to chat with a few more new neighbours, although this project is much smaller scale..

Bye for now
Old 2012-07-21, 03:29 PM

Default Concern regarding power lines

Hi!

We just checked out the site of construction, and saw the power lines. They are pretty close to the houses. Is that a concern to you? Generally, my concern is more with the resale value of the home than anything else.

I am interested in the 2200 sq ft model too- it's pretty unique!

Thanks.
Old 2012-08-19, 10:09 PM

Default Waiting to see the hole in the ground

Hello, I am a neighbor. Our family is really excited for this build. We've been drawn to this neighborhood for a few years but the timing was always wrong when we were ready to purchase. So in June we stumbled on to pidgeon street and found the sales office and were intrigued.

The 2200 sq foot met all our needs and we picked a unit where the power tower was somewhat less visible. The power corridor also gives it a little green space feel in the back, by not having to look at the backyard of the neighbor behind you. It's great that it's close to the subway, which is a big plus for resale value.

Now we're are just waiting to see that whole in the ground so that we can start listing our current home.
Old 2012-12-26, 11:58 AM

Well if there are buyers now before the houses are built and the power lines exist currently there will also be buyers after the houses are built.. A property value in the city next to the subway wont be devalued for a few powerlines, and the way of the future points to the lines being eliminated and placed under ground. Theres no more land in the city so for this price point and size of home its pretty awesome!

I am not sure when these houses will be built as its nearly Jan 2013 and so far.. No real movement on the projec.. But at least i can save more money than i thought.

I mean really the builder is awesome for helping you alter the floor plan to uour needs.. No nickle and diming for minor changes which is nice. My kitchen is going to be so mint, i was able to open it up by an extra 4 feet.. When i bought with mattamy down the road they wouldnt entertain such requests. Also the neighbourhood is super friendly and people walking about with their family throughout the day..

Anyways happy that we've got one neighbour here , which lot are you?
Old 2014-01-19, 04:12 PM

Does anybody know the status of this project. I got a letter the closing would be March 2014. Then I got another letter it would be May 2014. I live close by and have not seen any activity since November. My 1st closing was March 2012. Is it normal for a closing to be delayed 2 years?
Old 2014-01-19, 04:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post
Does anybody know the status of this project. I got a letter the closing would be March 2014. Then I got another letter it would be May 2014. I live close by and have not seen any activity since November. My 1st closing was March 2012. Is it normal for a closing to be delayed 2 years?
You might be eligible for a delayed closing compensation

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560