Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-10-16, 03:56 PM
Regular User

Default Caivan - Conservancy community (Barrhaven)

Available on November 17th:
Premium OpenPlan Townhome Collection (Double Car Garage)

FloorPlan:
http://caivan.com/communities/conser...20-collection/

Latest SitePlan:
http://caivan.com/wp-content/uploads...2018_11_12.pdf

===========

Grand Opening: October 20th, 9:00am
Sales Office: 115 - 4100 Strandherd Drive

Community's website:
http://caivan.com/communities/conservancy/

Floor Plans:
http://caivan.com/communities/conservancy/#floorplans

Site Plan (PDF):
http://caivan.com/wp-content/uploads...8-10-11-V2.pdf

Last edited by ravine; 2018-11-13 at 09:43 AM.
Old 2018-10-16, 09:33 PM
Regular User

Did they buy out the farm near the Jock river? Back in 2016 and 2017, there was quite a bit of flooding in that area; the water reached close to the farm house. I hope the storm water ditch done there recently would take care of any future river overflow.
Old 2018-10-17, 08:04 AM

Lots of flood plain land! Check your Agreements!

Why do people rush to buy from a builder with no building history? Biggest investment of our lives and we trust someone who hasn't built houses before.

yikes!
Old 2018-10-17, 08:35 AM
Regular User

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the owners of Caivan used to be part owners of Mattamy?

But any case, I agree, check your agreements/site plan notice on the city of Ottawa website, this area seems quite close to flood plains. It's a bit further south from Minto's Harmony/Riversbend location and closer to Jock River. I say it's comparable to Mattamy's new Half Moon Bay West where flood might be an issue too? I know HMBW prices were cheaper than their Abbottsville location, which was kinda odd since Barrhaven prices are usually the highest.

Kinda makes you wonder how Minto gets better land area from the city than other builders.
Old 2018-10-17, 09:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
Kinda makes you wonder how Minto gets better land area from the city than other builders.
My understanding is that Minto has been speculatively buying land in this area for years. Then they decide what to keep and what to sell off to other builders.

I totally agree about buyers doing their due diligence with regards to the flooding likelihood in their chosen neighborhood. On those lines, I also wonder if those homes will have huge premiums for additional water coverage with their home insurance?
Old 2018-10-17, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder101 View Post
Lots of flood plain land! Check your Agreements!

Why do people rush to buy from a builder with no building history? Biggest investment of our lives and we trust someone who hasn't built houses before.

yikes!
I don't think people are rushing to buy from a builder with no history but every company has to start somewhere so maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove themselves?
Old 2018-10-17, 02:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder101 View Post
Caivan is the same company as Glenview. They have been around for 6 years or so.
Old 2018-10-17, 02:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the owners of Caivan used to be part owners of Mattamy?
Yes one of the founders branched off and created Glenview, then Caivan.
Old 2018-10-18, 09:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I know HMBW prices were cheaper than their Abbottsville location, which was kinda odd since Barrhaven prices are usually the highest.
There is nothing like this . When I looked at the prices in 2015, Mattamy's half moon bay and their Kanata Monahan landing were equivalent prices for equivalent models, sometimes 5K more in Kanata. Even early Abbottsville crossing and half moon bay were exactly similarly priced in very early 2017 (say end of feb, march).Atleast for townhomes in Abbottsville, there were many options (like finished basement, better elevation, closer to transit etc etc which half moon bay did not have) at the same price point as half moon bay. Single homes were always 5 K difference. Sometimes Kanata, sometimes barrhaven. Nothing more.

Things are returning to parity now I think.
Old 2018-10-18, 10:57 AM
Regular User

These homes sqf include the basement