Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Real Estate Questions

Real Estate Questions Planning on selling your home? Looking to buy a resale? Post your comments and questions here.

Old 2011-05-08, 10:13 PM
Regular User

Default bradford vs. cambridge

thinking of buying a brand new house..but cant decide on which city to go to...
which has more potential in terms of resale???
Old 2011-05-09, 09:23 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoathgateB View Post
thinking of buying a brand new house..but cant decide on which city to go to...
which has more potential in terms of resale???
I chose Bradford but that is because I work directly south at Yonge & 401 and it was an easier commute. I've also noticed the drive Westbound on the 401 is CRAZY at night, basically bumper to bumper from the airport right through Milton.

But it's really up to you. Nobody knows about resale values at this point. Both areas are growing quickly.

I also liked that Bradford has 2 highways, the GO train, and about 20 alternative "back road" ways to get to the city as I don't like to always rely on a single highway.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Naghavi View Post
Comparable increase in value - that is if things remain the same as they have been for the past 15 years.
Bradford gets more snow and is generally cooler by a couple of degrees in any season.
If you ski or go north for recreation, then Bradford should be the choice. I don't know much about Cambridge these days but Bradford has recently grown a lot and has new major stores, plazas and gas stations...
Bradford re-sale values also went up 17% last year and the new houses appreciated around 12-15%. They are also a "growth node" and as such have been receiving a lot of government funding. Many new roads, the 400 interchange at 88 will be rebuilt, and there is a tabled extension running from 400 to 404 just south of 88. The town has a lot of money and has almost completed the largest recreation center in Ontario - 3 hockey rinks, 5 swimming pools etc.

They also have an aggressive plan for the downtown core and have begun a 20 year plan to turn it into the next downtown Oakville. Their plan is online.

It depends on where you live/work. I chose Bradford because (snow aside) I find the 400 a far better drive than the 401 (snow storms and long weekends removed from the equation). I had been doing the 400 for part of my commute for over 2 years (from 401 to Wonderland) and it's almost always a 120km/h steady with a slight slow down around the 407.

I hop on the 400 from the 401 where I am doing 10km/h in bumper to bumper traffic while looking at endless tail lights all the way to Milton.