Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2012-02-22, 11:05 AM

Default Mosaik Homes- Woodbridge

Hello Everyone,

I just stumbled on this site a few weeks ago as I'm looking to make my first home purchase. I did a forum search on Mosaik Homes but didn't find much current information. From what I can tell by the preview opening emails the homes are all detached ranging starting at $600K. Does any know any further info on project- it's at Weston and Major Mackenzie. Anyone else looking to buy from them?

I noticed there is a Walmart being built in the area and many other commercial/industrial buildings going up. I'm a little concerned of what else may be built up in the coming years and also curious of where the Mosaik homes will be situated.

Just looking for thoughts/opinions on the builder and the area in general.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:02 PM
Regular User

I'm looking for some info too.
I have an appt for this Saturday but I am sooooo curious. I hope I'm not wasting my time..............
Old 2012-03-21, 11:33 PM
Regular User

Ask about that area used as a landfill before the houses are being built. Beware.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:34 AM
Regular User

Apparently Mosaik is century grove homes.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:16 AM
Regular User

If it northwest corner of Weston and Major Mack, I think it used to be farmland. The farmers are still there selling produce, the bit of land they still grow on now are leased back from the developers. The area will be built up. 2 public schools, 1 Catholic, 1 high school. A few parks, a really nice greenbelt walking trail. There are a few condos proposed though, so check with the city.

I live in the area. I like it. If they are indeed selling in the 600s, check house sizes and lot sizes. The other builders there are Arista, Fieldgate, Tiffany Park, Medallion, Summit View, Caliber and Countrywide. I am pretty sure none if them are selling detacheds in that price range anymore. So do check comparables, if Mosaik is offering a good package, it's a good area to live in. Good luck!
Old 2012-03-22, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. I also have an appointment on Saturday. I did notice the 2 proposed 39 story Condo development at the corner or Weston Road and Retreat Blvd. This has been with the city for years and changed from a low rise to a high rise development.

My sense is that the 40 wide detached will start in the high 600's to low 700's based on the prices in the area. Also, curious to know what the closing dates will be. Century Grove is a good builder and I believe Mosaik Homes is run by the owner's son.

Thanks for the heads up on the land fill as well, I just assumed it was all farmland.
Old 2012-03-22, 11:39 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1 View Post
If it northwest corner of Weston and Major Mack, I think it used to be farmland. The farmers are still there selling produce, the bit of land they still grow on now are leased back from the developers. The area will be built up. 2 public schools, 1 Catholic, 1 high school. A few parks, a really nice greenbelt walking trail. There are a few condos proposed though, so check with the city.

I live in the area. I like it. If they are indeed selling in the 600s, check house sizes and lot sizes. The other builders there are Arista, Fieldgate, Tiffany Park, Medallion, Summit View, Caliber and Countrywide. I am pretty sure none if them are selling detacheds in that price range anymore. So do check comparables, if Mosaik is offering a good package, it's a good area to live in. Good luck!
From what I've seen it doesn't look like a public elementary school is going to be built there for quite some time (kids are being bussed to Lorna Jackson which is quite far). Are most people sending their kids to that school currently? Also, what is the traffic like on weston going south to Major Mack? Thanks.
Old 2012-03-22, 02:29 PM
Regular User

I have talked to a CR from Mosaik Homes and prices are supposed to start at $700 and closing will be August 2013.
Old 2012-03-22, 05:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by user01 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just stumbled on this site a few weeks ago as I'm looking to make my first home purchase. I did a forum search on Mosaik Homes but didn't find much current information. From what I can tell by the preview opening emails the homes are all detached ranging starting at $600K. Does any know any further info on project- it's at Weston and Major Mackenzie. Anyone else looking to buy from them?

I noticed there is a Walmart being built in the area and many other commercial/industrial buildings going up. I'm a little concerned of what else may be built up in the coming years and also curious of where the Mosaik homes will be situated.

Just looking for thoughts/opinions on the builder and the area in general.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome,

Your best bet is to take a quick drive to the City and ask to see planning/Development - and the other areas.

Prior to purchasing my home in that area thats what I did.

From memory I can tell you that the North/West corner where the farms are will be built up into condo's/towns, possible medical centre and 1 resteraunt without drive through.

The lady at the city was very informative and helped me a lot.

If you are looking to find a place without condos you better choose carefully and do a lot of research.

Seems that a lot condos are being approved here in Vaughan and many more to come.

Good Luck!
Old 2012-03-24, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Lorna Jackson isn't that far via bus, about 10 mins. They have a great principal. The schools in the area are suppose to open Fall 2014. We'll see.

We saw lots of cars parked outside the sales office. Any comments on pricing, lot sizes, house sizes? Where are the lots? Anyone buy?