Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-03-20, 09:04 PM
Regular User

Default river ridge/lot144

Hi everyone, we bought our home in oct.2004 and our closing was to be june06 but we believe we are delayed because nothing has been accomplished. i called the municipality of stouffville and they said that the area is getting registered this week or next-only 100 permits will be given. The lady told us that our lot was one of the 100 so building should be started in 2-3 weeks. thank god! i find this is the best way to find out what is going on with your home because the builder will keep giving you the run around. Let me know if anyother rumours is going on
Old 2006-03-20, 10:44 PM
Regular User

You should talk to the sales office. We're right beside you, and have resigned for March '07, but we're a firelot. If I remember correctly, our neighbours are set for November '06.
Old 2006-03-20, 10:47 PM
Regular User

what do you mean that you are a firelot and delayed till 07- you are reight beside me so you should be built at the same time-and i did talk to joe and the sales office and he said my new suppose closing date is nov 16th 2006. What is going on with your lot
Old 2006-03-21, 09:16 AM
Regular User

Default Hi

Hi everyone!

Some of us unknowingly purchased a home on a designated fire lot. I bought in April of 2004 and have been dealyed until Feb 2007. As per the fire code, a certain number of lots have to be designated as a fire lot and the builder cannot build on a firelot until the homes on either side have been fully bricked. This way, if a fire breaks out while they are framing, the don't lose the whole street as the empty lots prevent the fire from spreading as fast. It delays the process by 3-4 months, which is why you close in November and your neighbour, the firelot, closes in March.

I am optomistic that they will have started by the time I get back from Mexico on the 8th of April. I would love to come home and see some progress. How nice would that be? 8) I told myself that I not allowed to go to the site again until mid April.

Deva
Old 2006-03-24, 09:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

This posting is in regards to a letter I received in the mail this afternoon that informed us of a potential further delay. Our closing is scheduled for Oct 06' (was originally 05') but this letter states that 'the subdivisions should be registered in the next 2-4 weeks. The Developer will then require a further 8-10 weeks to receive all of the final approvals necessary before building permits can be issued.'

Has anyone received the same notice or know what's going on with these permits?

I would appreciate your help.

Amy
Old 2006-03-24, 10:58 PM
Regular User

Default We recieved the letter too!!

I recieved the same letter today also. What area of River Ridge did you buy from? We're on Mantle Ave. Which still doesn't even have the roads or lamp posts yet. I think the start date for digging might even be later for us. I called the Fieldgate office today to find out if the letter really applies to us. They called back, but I missed the call. I have to try again on Monday. I'll let you know what info I get. We went for our decor browsing appt this week. It went OK. It's so hard to choose everything, especially when it costs so much to upgrade. Is anyone upgrading their ensuite shower to the glass one for $2500? We're considering it. If you guys have any suggestions on what we should upgrade on, we would really appreciate the advice. Our final appt is April 5th.

Thanks,

Andrea
Old 2006-03-25, 01:46 AM
Regular User

Hey Lines...

Depending on your budget there is convenience vs. cost factor.

Convenience of having everything done before you move in $$$$, vs. having to deal with multiple contractors to get this and that done with some rip and replace $$.

We are looking at upgrading the kitchen cabinets to maple, round corner beading and corner kitchen cabinets and possibly fireplace mantle.
Old 2006-03-25, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Hi Andrea

We have already gone to choose our upgrades back in Oct 05. I actually wanted to get that done as well. But my husband conviced me not too, because the builder nails you on stuff like that, we went to price it out, you could save a lot of money. So it would be cheaper if you were to get it done from someone else. We basically decided to do most of our upgrades on our bottom floor with the builder and work our way up. So we upgraded the kitchen to maple, and put in a glass corner cabinet and added a pantry. And we changed our sliding doors to garden doors. We also upgraded our pickets on our staicase the next one up, they come with the skinnier ones. With the money that we got for the upgrades. As for mantel over the fireplace, that is $1500 alone, it only comes with the actual fireplace. We have been to home depot, and you could easliy pick it up and do it yourself for less then $500, I know they have the stone looking was which is beauitful, I am sure you can find it cheaper if that's the one you like. Prices are just insane over there. These are just suggestions .. good luck! I have to say those, their tile selections and there faucets are really nice for being standard.

We havn't received our letter, I am sure it's in the mail. I know once everthing is registered, the houses are going to go up like hotcakes, the carpenters at fieldgate are on a standstill rigtht now - just a tidbit I heard from someone.
Old 2006-03-25, 01:18 PM
Regular User

You upgraded your kitchen to maple? Did you not have an option of maple or oak cupboards as standards? (I'm not Fieldgate or GGH by the way)
Old 2006-03-25, 01:56 PM
Regular User

For kitchen cabinets they include upgraded to next level.. which I think is standard OAK (level 1) or premium PVC (level 2) (some one may correct me). Maple is additional cost, but when I spoke to others the upgrade to maple was reasonable.

The price for the stone pre-cast mantle is a good buy. The wooden ones you can find cheaper, but I was not impressed with one's I saw at Home Depot or RONA.