Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-09-17, 04:03 PM
Regular User

Default 92 Freehold Townhome Development at 200 Baribeau

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone come across any proposed pricing information regarding the 92 freehold townhomes at the upcoming development at 200 Baribeau? Their website is www.200baribeau.ca.

I am well aware that they are still tearing down the property that is currently there. But, I was wondering if any of you guess-timating pricing pros might have an idea of what potential pricing might look like?

They have lots of information about proposed unit sizes, floor layout etc. But Id like to get an idea if I can afford to live in there.

Thanks in advance

Pete!
Old 2020-09-17, 08:53 PM
Regular User

It seems that most builders around the city are selling towns for $450,000. I believe Mattamy had stacked condos (kind of) in the area at Waterridge for $300,000+ that were in the 900-1100 sq.ft. range.

These will be townhouses around 1300-1700sq.ft. I don't know the area that well, or what kind of fit/finish they will provide but my wild guess is that they would start around the $400,000 mark. Like I said though, I'm just guessing.

Also something to keep in mind is that it looks like these will be on a private street; meaning a monthly fee for things like snow removal, streetlights, etc..
Old 2020-09-18, 11:51 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_w View Post
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone come across any proposed pricing information regarding the 92 freehold townhomes at the upcoming development at 200 Baribeau? Their website is www.200baribeau.ca.

I am well aware that they are still tearing down the property that is currently there. But, I was wondering if any of you guess-timating pricing pros might have an idea of what potential pricing might look like?

They have lots of information about proposed unit sizes, floor layout etc. But Id like to get an idea if I can afford to live in there.

Thanks in advance

Pete!
A quick look at their website tells me these are going to be a lot pricier than 400K. These appear to be Barry Hobin designed homes. If you look on the Realtor site there is a townhome on Kipp St. that's not far from there and it hasn't been built yet and it's going for 875K. I would expect these to be high end homes with high end finishes.

Until pricing comes out there is no way to know for sure but it doesn't look like these will be close to Mattamy type of pricing. The good thing will be that you won't have to add any upgrades. It will pretty much come with all the bells and whistles but it's going to be a steep price. Hobin designed homes aren't cheap!