Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-12-27, 02:14 PM
Regular User

Default Minto Harmony - Phase 2

I couldn't find any other discussion on Harmony Phase 2, so wanted to start a thread.

We purchased a single and are expecting to close in Sept 2020. We wrapped up the design centre selections in late October, but haven't received any emails about construction on our house.

Where is everyone else at in the process? Any delays or news worth sharing?
Old 2019-12-30, 07:47 PM

I purchased a single home too. Minto delayed my occupancy date from Feb 27, 2020 to March 25, 2020. I think there is a shortage of contraction labor in Ottawa.
Old 2019-12-31, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Good to know.

I was informed that there were some delays for houses next to the power lines, but everything else is on track.

I went by the site, and there hasn't been much progress as far as I can see, with the exception of the townhomes (western side) and some singles in the centre and south side. The eastern side (where we are) is still mostly dirt. Mind you, it's our first new build so not sure what to expect on progress.
Old 2020-03-05, 09:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliennumberseven View Post
I purchased a single home too. Minto delayed my occupancy date from Feb 27, 2020 to March 25, 2020. I think there is a shortage of contraction labor in Ottawa.
They've been making some progress. Hopefully your house is ready by March 25.

Seems like some townhomes have occupancy.
Old 2020-03-05, 10:09 PM

We have pre delivery orientation on March 18th, so it is almost confirmed that we are getting our house on 25th. Many townhouses have occupancy and some families have already move to their new houses although the area and roads are very dirty at this time.
Old 2020-03-06, 03:30 PM
Regular User

Welcome to the neighborhood fellow Phase 2 owners.. I'm in Phase 1 and I've noticed occupancy for some Phase 2 houses.
Old 2020-03-19, 12:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
We have pre delivery orientation on March 18th, so it is almost confirmed that we are getting our house on 25th. Many townhouses have occupancy and some families have already move to their new houses although the area and roads are very dirty at this time.
Were you able to get the pre-delivery orientation? Minto stopped scheduling appointments.

This is not a fun time, I imagine, for those with closing dates coming up.
Old 2020-03-21, 12:01 PM

My pre-delivery orientation was cancelled but still we are getting our house on 25th March. Thanks to Minto for not delaying closing date. A part of the email sent to me by Minto reads as:

“In support of social distancing and in light of Tarion’s recommendations, we are dividing the PDO process into three:
Prior to closing, Minto Communities warranty staff will conduct a pre-delivery inspection on behalf of our homeowners, documenting any noted items that need to be repaired. A copy of this list will be sent to the homeowners along with a number of photos, including one of your kitchen and home exterior.
After closing, the homeowner will conduct their own pre-delivery inspection and provide the list to MasterCare, who will in turn submit it to Tarion alongside the other PDO documents and records. We ask that this submission be conducted within 5 days of your closing. Tarion is in full support of this process and will honour deficiencies identified after closing during this situation. Please also refer to Tarion’s COVID-19 memo regarding pre-delivery inspections here.
An important part of the Orientation is the chance to ask questions and for Minto to demonstrate the features and functions of your new home. Once the situation with COVID-19 has improved, we will schedule a time to meet with you in your home.”
Old 2020-03-23, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
My pre-delivery orientation was cancelled but still we are getting our house on 25th March. Thanks to Minto for not delaying closing date. A part of the email sent to me by Minto reads as:

“In support of social distancing and in light of Tarion’s recommendations, we are dividing the PDO process into three:
Prior to closing, Minto Communities warranty staff will conduct a pre-delivery inspection on behalf of our homeowners, documenting any noted items that need to be repaired. A copy of this list will be sent to the homeowners along with a number of photos, including one of your kitchen and home exterior.
After closing, the homeowner will conduct their own pre-delivery inspection and provide the list to MasterCare, who will in turn submit it to Tarion alongside the other PDO documents and records. We ask that this submission be conducted within 5 days of your closing. Tarion is in full support of this process and will honour deficiencies identified after closing during this situation. Please also refer to Tarion’s COVID-19 memo regarding pre-delivery inspections here.
An important part of the Orientation is the chance to ask questions and for Minto to demonstrate the features and functions of your new home. Once the situation with COVID-19 has improved, we will schedule a time to meet with you in your home.”

Good to know, and good on Minto. Hope you enjoy your new home!
Old 2020-03-26, 03:49 PM
Regular User

Just saw this on the Minto Ottawa page:
"Q. Do you anticipate a change to my closing date as a result of the COVID-19 situation?

The vast majority of our homeowners who are awaiting keys to their new home should anticipate a change to their closing date as a result of the pandemic.

The measures we have already taken (detailed elsewhere on this page) to ensure our employees and Trade partners feel safe at work will result in a slower pace of construction, which in most cases will require a change to most occupancy/closing dates.

For the majority of our Ontario purchasers, this means their Agreements of Purchase and Sale, specifically their Statement of Critical Dates, will be subject to a temporary pause, referred to by Tarion as an "Unavoidable Delay". Once an Unavoidable Delay period has been initiated by written notice, Minto Communities will be responsible to provide a new occupancy/closing date once the disruption to construction caused by the pandemic is over.

We know this is a lot of uncertainty, but are committed to keeping communication open."

Link: https://www.minto.com/ottawa/new-hom...date~1289.html