Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-10-02, 12:44 AM
Regular User

Wish I knew who we were talking about. Hopefully its not my CCC her name started with a K but it was 5 letters after the K not 4. Last name started w/ M. She was good but sometimes you could easily tell she had likely dealt with too many upset customers that day. I do feel for the job they do, I know i am definitively not easy to deal with because I am persistent until i get the result i want but i always treat the people I deal with, with respect even if I really would rather lash out
Old 2010-10-04, 10:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyk View Post
Wish I knew who we were talking about. Hopefully its not my CCC her name started with a K but it was 5 letters after the K not 4. Last name started w/ M. She was good but sometimes you could easily tell she had likely dealt with too many upset customers that day. I do feel for the job they do, I know i am definitively not easy to deal with because I am persistent until i get the result i want but i always treat the people I deal with, with respect even if I really would rather lash out
There's only two CCCs for Mattamy right now...well 1 I guess...and the K you are thinking about is her.

I'm actually saddened to hear this because for all my inquiries/gripes she's always been so friendly with me and we've even just chatted for a bit not relating to the house. Hopefully this new job won't be as hard on her as this Mattamy one was, I don't think I could ever do what they do.

I wonder if this means S is left to do it all now, or maybe they will take J from the Construction office in Fairwinds to replace K?

*I find it weird that we're not saying one's full name when it's fully accessible on the Mattamy website*
---------------------------------------------------
Valecraft: Marseilles II End - Trailwest
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Caivan: Series 1, Plan 2
June 4, 2020

Old 2010-10-06, 10:43 AM
Regular User

Just curious. I called Canada Post to ask them about my key/box information. The woman told me I will have to call them AFTER I move in...did anyone else have that? Because my email from K told me to call before hand to get it all set up.
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
June 4, 2020

Old 2010-10-06, 12:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
Just curious. I called Canada Post to ask them about my key/box information. The woman told me I will have to call them AFTER I move in...did anyone else have that? Because my email from K told me to call before hand to get it all set up.
When I called, the woman I talked to asked when my closing date was and said that she will have to arrange for a locksmith to change the lock. A couple days after my closing, I received a note on my front step advising me to go to SHoppers Drug Mart to pick up my key.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-10-06, 01:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
When I called, the woman I talked to asked when my closing date was and said that she will have to arrange for a locksmith to change the lock. A couple days after my closing, I received a note on my front step advising me to go to SHoppers Drug Mart to pick up my key.
This woman said I needed proof of ownership, I told her I have my contract from Mattamy but she didn't seem to think that was anything worth proving? She said once I'm in the house I will have the contract that tells me I own it and then they will do all the lock stuff.

I just hate all these set up costs to register for stuff...who didn't tell me about thsoe!
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
June 4, 2020

Old 2010-10-06, 04:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
This woman said I needed proof of ownership, I told her I have my contract from Mattamy but she didn't seem to think that was anything worth proving? She said once I'm in the house I will have the contract that tells me I own it and then they will do all the lock stuff.

I just hate all these set up costs to register for stuff...who didn't tell me about thsoe!
Very odd. Did she ask you for your full address and were you able to provide it? If not, maybe she's just covering her butt! When I went to pick up the key, I had to show proof of ownership and I used my purchase agreement.
Old 2010-10-07, 10:11 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Very odd. Did she ask you for your full address and were you able to provide it? If not, maybe she's just covering her butt! When I went to pick up the key, I had to show proof of ownership and I used my purchase agreement.
Yeah I gave her my full civic address and she said without proof she can't confirm if it was my address or not...right, but I just want to get the mail set up now.

I have lots of people to call today so Canada Post will be one of them again. I would rather get my mail set up NOW than after I move in, as I have changed some of the addresses to reflect my new home and not where my family will have to bring me all my old mail all the time (though I did forget to change a few addresses on time...oops).
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
June 4, 2020

Old 2010-10-07, 03:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yeah I gave her my full civic address and she said without proof she can't confirm if it was my address or not...right, but I just want to get the mail set up now.

I have lots of people to call today so Canada Post will be one of them again. I would rather get my mail set up NOW than after I move in, as I have changed some of the addresses to reflect my new home and not where my family will have to bring me all my old mail all the time (though I did forget to change a few addresses on time...oops).
Well, to be fair, it's not your house yet. She's just doing her job properly.
Old 2010-10-08, 12:19 AM
Regular User

Quote:

According to this link it says that you should change your address at least five days in advance. Must have been talking with a newbie employee.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...apermanent.jsf
Old 2010-10-08, 09:01 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I called in 2 weeks ago (closing is Oct 14), and I was told that I was too early and that I should call the same week as they only need 48hrs to have my key ready.
So i might call today, just to make sure.