Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Barrie

Barrie For soon to be and existing residents of Barrie, Simcoe County

Old 2011-07-30, 09:10 PM
Regular User

Default Fernbrook Centretown - Barrie

Havent seen any posts for this community, so thought i'd start one. My wife and I bought our home back in November and we close on our house May 17, 2012. Our lot is 69L, and we got the Keans Model, elevation A. Looking forward to meeting our neighbours. Hopefully some off them stumble upon this site
Old 2011-11-17, 03:47 AM
Regular User

Default Lot 6L

My husband & I bought last November of 2010 as well. Anxiously waiting to move in after having sold our condo/townhouse too early. Pleased with structure and company, finding the upgrades VERY VERY expensive for no reason. Feel like they are pushing back the closing date every time we turn around. If you dont mind me asking, how did you get a firm closing date of May 17 2012? We have yet to receive anything. We purchased the Shannon Model, elevation B. Looking for feedback.
Old 2011-11-17, 03:59 PM
Regular User

Hi joverink, pleased to meet you.

We got our closing date when we filled out the paperwork with Russ the day we bought, also in November. He should have given you some paperwork from tarion stating the closing dates. May 17th is our first tentative closing date, september 17th our 2nd and January 17th 2013 is our absolute firm closing date. We too found the upgrades to be on the pricey side.
Old 2011-11-23, 10:44 AM
Regular User

yes that closing date we did receive..clearly states that on the contract...sorry, misunderstood...i suppose well get our letter soon before dec 9th advising us of a move in date of may...starting to get very impatient lol feel like were getting the run around....looks like we're right across from one another...
Old 2011-11-23, 01:24 PM
Regular User

We received a letter in the mail yesterday of a change to our closing date. It has been moved to september 14th. I know of one other buyer whose date got changed too. theirs went from February to June.

Yea we are across the street from each other. I talked to Russ yesterday and he said they will have the paving done in ten days and building permits will be pulled then. I'm trying to get him to arrange a meet your neighbour party or something.
Old 2011-11-23, 05:42 PM
Regular User

this is our third notice, we received it today..closing date of July 9th at the latest...glad to hear the paving is going in...we'll be checking in the new year to see if maybe they are early???? and of course, just waiting to get into the decor centre to pick our interior stuff...
Old 2011-11-23, 06:09 PM
Regular User

THIRD NOTICE?!?! Wow. This is our first
Old 2011-11-24, 03:09 AM
Regular User

yes this is our THIRD, considered to be our last because it's our "firm closing date"....we're getting in touch with our lawyer...we are feeling very uneasy...rarely do builders go this far...we'll keep you posted....
Old 2011-11-24, 05:55 AM
Regular User

Wow, what was your original closing date? On our agreement our firm closing date says january 14 2013. September 14th is listed as our second tentative closing which coincides with the notice they sent us. Let me know how that goes
Old 2011-11-25, 08:12 PM
Regular User

Original closing date was Nov 2011...Then March 2012 and now July 9th...(that is the firm one)...I believe we were actually the 1st or second to buy and because of the location of our lot, that's where they are starting first...