Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Oakville

Old 2011-10-16, 10:53 PM
Regular User

Default Mattamy North Oakville

Hello Oakvillers! Does anyone know about the Mattamy project in North Oakville (expected to be called "The Preserve")? From what I understand, they will soon start the project, but I'm not able to find any tentative dates.

Also, does anyone here own a Mattamy built home in Oakville? I'm curious to find your impressions about their quality of work, after sales service, etc.

Thanks
Old 2012-02-21, 10:51 AM
Regular User

Does anyone know of any recent information about this project ! I am knew to this area and would appreciate any information about this project.

Does this project also included houses being built around the new oakville hospital ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 2012-02-21, 11:05 AM
Regular User

I actually just called the head office and one of the sales reps informed me that they will start selling them at the end of summer !

That is great news, can't wait !
Old 2012-02-21, 01:08 PM
Regular User

That's great news. Thanks MJ-RK1.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:15 PM
Regular User

Here is what I have heard from friends

1. Poor quality, I have heard multiple stories about missing insulation etc.

2. They have marginally lower booking price but their standard fittings are so bad that you are forced to upgrade. They have unreal ugrade prices and that's where they get you.

3. Specifically to the project - Mattamy bough the land much later than Starlane or Rosehaven and because of that paid much higher land prices. I would expect their home prices to be inline with Woodland Trails Phase 2 prices if not higher.

Have said all that I am sure that the development would be very popular and sold out like any other recent development in Oakville.
Check out city of Oakville website for proposals for building permits/amendments, it tell you how many homes are planned North of Dundas.

Last edited by Atul; 2012-03-08 at 11:18 PM.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:40 PM
Regular User

What was the prices for Woodland Trails Phase 2 ?. and what was the square footage for those prices ? is this a price for detached or towns or semis ?.

Thanks in advance !
Old 2012-03-09, 09:17 AM
Regular User

These are prices that were sent in the invitation email...and have gone up. My numbers are approx.

41' detached: Rosehaven starts at ~2300sqft, starting $690k (was hiked to 720k during my appt); Starlane starts at ~2500sqft, starting $670k (was sold out by my appt date)

43' detached: can't recall but was probably close to 750k+ for rosehaven

Towns: starting at 450k for starlane, 490k rosehaven.

Not sure about the rest.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:07 PM
Regular User

Holy Smokes !!! Those prices are crazy high !!

How long did it take Them to sell out their first phase ? How many phases did they have ? How many years ago was it when they first opened them for sale ? How long did it take them until they were sold out ?

Much appreciated
Thanks in advance !
Old 2012-03-21, 12:30 PM
Regular User

Oakville has charged the land developers a great deal more to develop there than many other communities apparently and they will be passing those expenses onto customers. Mattamy's also had pre-registration up for more than a year now. Demand is going to be ridiculously high and they will have a lot of wealthy customers, Real estate investors, Toronto commuters and empty nesters all wanting in. Phase 1 won't be anywhere near big enough to cover demand so there's absolutely no reason based on all of these factors to expect pricing to be any less than what the other guys have already priced out, especially since those sold out in a matter of days.

The pricing for these is going to start out crazy and just keep getting higher and more insane with every passing phase.
Old 2012-04-01, 09:15 PM

Well except for a potential market correction, interest rate uncertainty and with that comes potential apprehension.

The next 36 months are going to be an interesting ride.