Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Oakville

Old 2013-08-16, 05:17 PM
Regular User

Default Remington homes

Does anyone know when this project will start selling and where is it located in conjunction to mattamy which is also the Preserve. Is it east of mattamy which means closer to 6th line and trafalgar or west which means closer to neyagawa? Anyone? Any thoughts on this project or anyone know anything about it?
Old 2013-08-20, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontoaznguy View Post
Does anyone know when this project will start selling and where is it located in conjunction to mattamy which is also the Preserve. Is it east of mattamy which means closer to 6th line and trafalgar or west which means closer to neyagawa? Anyone? Any thoughts on this project or anyone know anything about it?
Hi,

The Preserve is at Dundas and sixth line..it's just west of sixthline on the north side of dundas, just across from Harman Gate. They have already started putting the electrical, sewers, and some streets, etc so you can see that when you drive by.

As i understand the community is mixed of mattamy and remington. for example, i know that behind our street (mattamy) there will be remington homes built there.

I think Remington has been delayed at least a couple times now for their sales office to open. I believe originally it was supposed to open in Spring 2013..and it's still not open..I know that remington has a bit of a history with delays from what i have heard...But i would assume pricing and lots will be similar to Mattamy if i had to take a guess.

That's all i know. I'd suggest you should probably go to their website and get added to the mailing list..then you will get the emails about when the sales office will open.

Hope this helps!
Old 2013-08-20, 04:01 PM
Regular User

What did you end up getting and was it a huge line up or turn out? Unsure if things are selling as fast as they were before. Did you have to fight tooth and nail for what you got?
Old 2013-08-20, 04:43 PM
Regular User

We got a 38' lot around the end of January. There was no fighting for a lot or anything like that. We just showed up to the presentation centre and it just so happened that they had released new lots that day. We picked the lot we wanted and that was it.

I think all of the lots for Phase 1A are now sold except for a 45' corner lot which last week when we were there was still available.

So it seems to be that the hype and lines, etc was just for the inital release...and that subsequent to that as they release new lots there is no issue.

The one thing i will say is that although alot of finishes are included in the price of the home, when you go to the design centre you will find out that what they include are not very nice looking (or at least not for my taste). For example if you want hardwood that is a dark colour, then that is an upgrade...the granite included is very busy and dark...if you want anything nice or a lighter colour then that is an upgrade...so basically you end up paying for the upgrades anyways.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:46 PM
Regular User

Oh the other thing (not sure if this has since changed)...but the prices they have posted on their website are very misleading.

All lots that are not on a busy street have at least a $15k premium on them...and then all of the lots that are on a busy street have a $15k deduction...so basically no one gets the prices posted on their site...they just dont want to show that in fact there is a $30k difference.
Old 2013-08-23, 04:33 PM
Regular User

Wow... I have to say that is very misleading, they think of everything!
Old 2013-09-04, 12:38 AM
Regular User

Remington has posted their floor plans on their website now...no prices up yet - but if you look at all of the inclusions for the finishes I'm guessing the prices will be more than mattamy...
Old 2013-09-04, 02:29 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrgy View Post
Remington has posted their floor plans on their website now...no prices up yet - but if you look at all of the inclusions for the finishes I'm guessing the prices will be more than mattamy...
better builder = higher prices

thanks for the info btw furrgy

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560

Last edited by Picky; 2013-09-04 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2013-09-05, 03:34 PM
Regular User

Just saw the Remington floor plans.. Definitely will be pricier than Mattamy!
Old 2013-09-05, 03:49 PM
Regular User

Maybe it's just me, but i wasnt a big fan of the remington layouts for the detached 38' models. Especially the curb appeal and the fact that alot of the models seem to look the same from the outside.

Remington is including alot of items standard and i noticed many models have 3.5 bathrooms and large covered verandas in the backyard. So im thinking that alone will have the prices at least $50k higher than Mattamy. We will have to wait and see. :-)

Both are supposed to be good builders, it's just from what i've heard Mattamy has better customer service and i also like how mattamy plans their neighbourhoods (the exterior of the homes seem unique and less cookie cutter).