Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2013-11-03, 08:48 PM
Regular User

Ya, they won't dig or pour concrete when the weather is close to freezing, it affects the foundation. But I did notice that the gas lines were going in, was nice to be able to view the progress. Quite excited for 2014!

Stuffy, which Smartcentres were you talking about? I work in the one in Alliston and they have basically stopped building for now and will build to suit, but the original plan has been put on hold, mostly due to uncertain surrounding the recession of 2008-2009 as the plans were done before then.
Old 2013-11-03, 11:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw13 View Post
Ya, they won't dig or pour concrete when the weather is close to freezing, it affects the foundation. But I did notice that the gas lines were going in, was nice to be able to view the progress. Quite excited for 2014!

Stuffy, which Smartcentres were you talking about? I work in the one in Alliston and they have basically stopped building for now and will build to suit, but the original plan has been put on hold, mostly due to uncertain surrounding the recession of 2008-2009 as the plans were done before then.
Oh when I was driving by a couple of weeks ago I saw the Smartcentre sign just up the road from Cookstown. I then went online and read this:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...-40-room-hotel

So you are saying it wont be built anytime soon then? I guess Alliston will be the shopping place for me then
Old 2013-11-05, 10:42 AM

I haven't been out there in a while.

Have the lots been marked? I am interetsed to see the size and layout.

Do we know what the street names are going to be?
Old 2013-11-05, 09:30 PM
Regular User

Hi Winston

The lots are marked. No street names at all. The big thing I noticed was the grade of the land. The land slopes from north to south and there is a decent drop off. I'm actually hoping for a possible walk out instead of a lookout basement based on the lay of my current lot.

@ Stuffy, I'm not sure about the smart centre on 5th side road and innisfil beach road, but the one in alliston is on hold. Either way, living in Cookstown allows us to go to either Alliston (10 mins), Barrie (18 mins) or Bradford (15mins), so its all good!

Welcome winston!
rw
Old 2013-11-12, 11:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw13 View Post
Hi Winston

@ Stuffy, I'm not sure about the smart centre on 5th side road and innisfil beach road, but the one in alliston is on hold. Either way, living in Cookstown allows us to go to either Alliston (10 mins), Barrie (18 mins) or Bradford (15mins), so its all good!

rw
Yes that is true . I was just curious if the project will still be built as planned..for now we will just have to wait and see I guess.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:43 AM

Has anyone been out the site recently? Just wondering if there has been any progress or if everything is on hold until the spring?
Old 2013-11-18, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Hi Winston

I drove by yesterday and there is quite a bunch of construction going on. They have just put in those green boxes, I believe they use for cable and internet. The gas lines have been buried, the electrical lines are going in and the water valves have been placed in the lots. So lots going on there, but I don't believe any foundations will be poured until spring.

We close Aug 2014, but are resigned to at the very least, Christmas time.

Cheers
RW
Old 2013-11-19, 02:26 PM
Regular User

That is good news RW....I was thinking they would do nothing more until next year...

Is it possible for someone to take a picture of the site? I rarely go out there as I am currently an hour away, and am curious what everything looks like now .
Old 2013-11-25, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Any more progress at the site? The weather has turned worse, so I am guessing no more construction until the new year.....
Old 2013-11-30, 10:43 PM
Regular User

Hi Rw. I was just wondering did anyone mention which lots were lookouts and walkouts? Just wondering how high/low the backyard will be...