Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2010-04-25, 06:58 AM
Regular User

Default New to the Forum

Hi!

Just to say I did search the forum rules, and so glad you have a constructive Chit Chat, non directed forum.

I have issues with the current regulations, so I'm telling everyone here right off that I'm not politically correct and will state things the way that they are. I have issues with some groups and I will state them.

So I guess I'm saying is if this forum is an agenda'd forum, designed around the sensitivities of certain groups, wishes to be politically correct, doesn't like the truth, then the loss is yours and to those who would benefit.

If this forum is interested in getting at the root of problems and legislation, truly has the best interest of owners, then I can help as I have owned up to 15 homes in my life some new some old, and have been exposed to every official heirarchy that is parasitic to the home owner/buyer of today.

As far has the forum restriction on home construction, then that is a convenient rule, has it safe guards those who are responsible for implementing bylaws that under the guise of safety and the best interest of the home owner, have the intent in steering owners in purchasing poorly manufactured, no time tested alternatives to the previous product. I will elaborate.

So if I'm still here, I will start my first vent.

Andy
Old 2010-04-25, 05:30 PM
Regular User

Huh?
Old 2010-04-25, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Maybe one of the rules I should add is proof-reading what you write before posting it. Because this post, and your other one on real-estate-something-or-other, does not make a whole lot of grammarical sense.

Think about what you are trying to communicate and then present it in a clear statement. Then build upon that with solid facts and educated opinion and maybe we can understand what you are trying to say.

Once you've done that, then I'll consider if you have crossed a line and delete your post
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/

Last edited by GregS; 2010-04-25 at 07:03 PM.
Old 2010-04-25, 08:21 PM
Regular User

lol. Couldn't of said it better myself Greg.

I had difficulty reading Andy's posts due to the poor grammer but didn't want to be the first to mention it. Guess I shouldn't of been politically correct, eh Andy?
Old 2010-04-25, 10:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
...As far has the forum restriction on home construction...
Ah yes, the old "no building homes in the forum" rule.
Old 2010-04-25, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Red face

I agree with Greg. However, if we have to be sticklers with grammar, then I would also have to pick on the fourth post in this thread. Sorry.

RDG

Last edited by R_D_G; 2010-04-25 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2010-04-26, 06:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsquared View Post
Huh?
Dsquared:

Thanks for the post. Yours is the only one that I consider carries any weight on this thread. It's honest, straight forward and makes a point.

Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 06:34 AM
Regular User

Greg:

Sure, once I determine what language "grammarical" belongs to I will consider a response. A few notes. Since grammar is the point of your retort, and this breaks the general forum rule of jumping threads, then you have me confused. But regardless, once I determine the language of your post I will be able to effect a proper rebuttal.

A second general rule in common acceptance is to address personal messages to messages, otherwise it will fool no one that you are attempting to build a caricature of your opponent, especially revealing if it is out of context.

Sensitivities and biases aside and already revealed, perhaps it would be best since you agree you don't understand what I said and I don't understand what language you are using, then perhaps you would be happier to stay clear of my posts. BTW: This is, yes, another standard rule on any forum.

In such a scenerio, the best rebutal is to simply to come out and state what is really bothering you about the post.

Regretfully,
Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 06:42 AM
Regular User

Mark & Lynda:

I had difficulty reading Andy's posts due to the poor ........."grammer".

Quote:
Guess I shouldn't of been politically correct, eh Andy?
Political correctness is the least of your problems.

"of been" "have been"

Another is breaking forum rules by hyjacking my thread.

Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 07:26 AM
Regular User

Andy, respectfully, it seems you've come here just to argue, not to add anything constructive. While I always appreciate a good argument, I prefer it to be about an issue of substance. Your anger seems unfocused and aimed at anyone who responds to you. Perhaps if you focused on one issue you'd be more satisfied with your feedback.