Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2010-04-26, 08:37 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakvillehomeowner View Post
Andy, respectfully, it seems you've come here just to argue, not to add anything constructive. While I always appreciate a good argument, I prefer it to be about an issue of substance. Your anger seems unfocused and aimed at anyone who responds to you. Perhaps if you focused on one issue you'd be more satisfied with your feedback.
Thank you for the post.

"argue". Not true. However, "debate" being the actual word is normal at least for forums where all do not share the same viewpoint. Perhaps you are simply not accustomed to my character type of many.?

I thought my first post, not directed to anything specific, allowed everyone to see my concerns and my points of contention. I was being honest upfront, exposed to the dissection, rather than start posting to have discovered later these points.

I do note an uncommon proportionately higher professional membership on this forum, perhaps this explains the low key reserved atmosphere within the lay home group, which surprises me as the forum feigns to welcome to the community general. I think I am right since an opening statement generally doesn't illicit anything more than a passing interest.

I do think that my first post posed a threat to some, and they are predictable. Rather than address any of my issues later, I can see why some would like me to simply "go away", the status quo being more important than getting at problem solving which starts by revealing some uncomfortable truths. The owners would probably benefit, some professionals may feel would have cause to squirm, which takes us back to what are the real concerns facing the forum administrators.

It's left to you in any case.

Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 09:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
Hi!

I have issues with the current regulations, so I'm telling everyone here right off that I'm not politically correct and will state things the way that they are. I have issues with some groups and I will state them.

Andy
Hi Andy. Can you please be more specific, citing specific examples, on what you don't like about the forum regulations?

Thanks,
RDG

Last edited by R_D_G; 2010-04-26 at 10:06 AM.
Old 2010-04-26, 11:09 AM
Regular User

You've caught my interest Andy. I'll continue following for no other reason than to determine what it is you're trying to say. You wouldn't by any chance happen to work in the legal system or make politics your career?
Old 2010-04-26, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Get to the point, be specific about it and try to avoid diction that just seems out of place.

Now let's begin..
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2010-04-26, 12:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_G View Post
I agree with Greg. However, if we have to be sticklers with grammar, then I would also have to pick on the fourth post in this thread. Sorry.

RDG
haha. That's me.
Old 2010-04-26, 09:14 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_G View Post
Hi Andy. Can you please be more specific, citing specific examples, on what you don't like about the forum regulations?

Thanks,
RDG
I'm referring to regulations in the spectrum geared to home selling, buying and the construction industry who I feel has the governments in their pocket at the peril of the home owner/builder.

I offered two posts so far which I found may be interesting topics for discussion.

Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 09:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist View Post
You've caught my interest Andy. I'll continue following for no other reason than to determine what it is you're trying to say. You wouldn't by any chance happen to work in the legal system or make politics your career?
Interesting question, but I was wondering if you wrote the book, "How to make friends and influence people?."

Andy
Old 2010-04-26, 10:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Get to the point, be specific about it and try to avoid diction that just seems out of place.

Now let's begin..
How do you know my diction is out of place if you didn't understand what I was saying.

FWIW: Introductions don't necessarily need a point, nor are they geared to established norms.

AndyF
Old 2010-04-27, 08:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
How do you know my diction is out of place if you didn't understand what I was saying.

FWIW: Introductions don't necessarily need a point, nor are they geared to established norms.

AndyF
My head hurts.
Old 2010-04-27, 08:56 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerapau View Post
My head hurts.
LOL, mine, too. I give up.