Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2010-03-23, 12:00 PM
Regular User

Wild Wings for me and Eggexperts...

I have sampled the Thai restaurant on Hoover. It is good too but I wished their service can be a bit better. Really slow...

Been driving by the Fish and Chips for a few weeks. I would for sure give it a try.

Overall though, the traffic is not there yet. I think the growth in Stouffville would continue and the retailers, etc would enjoy the benefits 2 years or so down the road.
Old 2010-03-23, 01:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtycoon View Post
Something about a Wings place at a Gas Station doesn't work for me. Poor choice of location if you ask me.

probably
try visiting their other locations, they got good wings
Old 2010-03-23, 01:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydy View Post

Been driving by the Fish and Chips for a few weeks. I would for sure give it a try.
Captain George is the only fish n chips ive tried im satisfied

too bad burger king closed, stouffville wouldve had all burger joints including the new A&W at hooverpark. (mcdonalds, harveys...dont have a wendys though)
Old 2010-03-23, 01:34 PM
Regular User

ive been to Fujiyama several times for Japanese food.
they also have all-you-can-eat for lunch and dinner

its at Edward Street where pizza pizza is, head north and its just right after schell country depot.
Old 2010-03-29, 07:47 AM
Regular User

I'm not sure of the name but the Fish n Chip store by the Beer store or M & M's (I think) - don't remember the plaza but it's on Stouffville Main St. near Markham Rd. - is awesome! My father told me about it and took me there a few months ago - owned by a family that is really nice and the food is really good and reasonable (even if you don't like fish and chips). Great place!
I will have to check out some of the other places mentioned....I think I was at another place years ago a pub near 9th line but not sure of it's name. Will have to try more once we move!
Great thread!
Old 2010-03-29, 09:48 AM
Regular User

FUJIYAMA is all right..tried it over the weekend.
Old 2010-03-29, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi04 View Post
I'm not sure of the name but the Fish n Chip store by the Beer store or M & M's (I think) - don't remember the plaza but it's on Stouffville Main St. near Markham Rd. - is awesome! My father told me about it and took me there a few months ago - owned by a family that is really nice and the food is really good and reasonable (even if you don't like fish and chips). Great place!
Yup, this would be Stouffville Fish & Chips! Located beside the LCBO and M&M's. Just tried it last week after seeing some people post about it. Great place, and the family that runs it is super polite and friendly! To top it off, food was good!
Old 2010-04-07, 10:29 AM
Regular User

It's interesting to read all this and try and determine what is good or not. We had fish and chips on the holiday friday, although I do not know from where as I didnt pick it up, the fish was small, and over battered the fries were overdone. I will try and try the other 2 places to see which I like best. I know it wasnt the newer one in town as we didnt find that one til this week.
I havent tried anything else yet but was told Stouffville Pizza 905-640-2468 is apparently reaaly good.

I will watch this as more feedback comes, as I am a big supporter of keeping it within the community, and don't want to see the small businesses that have been here forever disappear because of growth and larger corps coming in. However the best of the small ones will always survive.

Cheers,
LFSFN1

P.S. If you can ever get to a Caz's Fish and Chips it's one of my favorites.
Old 2010-04-10, 01:02 PM
Regular User

OK I am starting to think that I was spoiled living in a city instead of a town.
I went to Eggxpert on Friday for breakfast. The service was quick, and the food was good, but for the money the portions were small (to me). When I used to go get breakfast for the big breakfast I used to get 3 eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, homefries, and toast. And usually struggled to finish it. This was similiar just smaller, and they use regular toast instead of the Texas toast most breafast places I have been to serve, and they use really large chunks of potato as homefries.

A continual adjustment for me but I will gt used to it.

Stouffville pizza is next on the list.

Cheers,
LFSFN1
Old 2010-04-10, 03:11 PM
Regular User

I may need to try Stouffville Pizza as well. We did eat at Hollywood Unlimited Toppings for Free Pizza yesterday and were impressed. Its in the plaza beside Blockbuster Video.

To us, we prefer it over Domino's, Pizza Nova, Pizza Pizza and 2-4-1 Pizza. But the cost of a large was $13.67 including tax, which was a bit pricey. Maybe if I put more than 4 toppings on it, I'd feel like I got my money's worth. But we enjoyed it.

Also going to try the Chinese Food at Jade's Chinese Cuisine in the same plaza as Hollywood. As I was waiting for my pizza to be prepared, I walked around the plaza wondering where all the cars in the plaza were waiting for. And saw a few customers in Jade's. So will check that out as well. One of their dinner specials is $5.50 for chicken fried rice and sweet and sour pork.