Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Newmarket

Newmarket All communities starting and established in Newmarket

Old 2012-02-08, 12:41 PM

Default Copper Hills - Preston Homes

I haven't seen any threads created particular to Preston Homes. Thought it would be a good idea to create this thread so people can share their experiences with these homes and the builder.
Old 2012-02-12, 08:43 PM
Regular User

I agree its a good ideal to start a thread for Copper Hills By Preston Homes. I see lots of sharing about GP and SL, but not Preston Homes.

D7smith, which phase did you purchase? I bot phase 2b, expected occupancy in coming summer.
Old 2012-02-13, 09:32 AM
Regular User

Hi, I bought in 2c expecting to close in October.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:18 PM
Regular User

Default colour appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperHills View Post
Hi, I bought in 2c expecting to close in October.
Did you make the appointment for pre-construction?

I've my colour appointment booked. Expecting to spend some money on upgrades, eventho I am quite happy with the 'standard upgrade' from the bonus package.

Hope more ppl will join to share experience soon.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:33 PM
Regular User

No, we are still waiting for our pre-construction appointment. Hopefully to hear from them soon. We were told it's seven months before the closing date. Which model did you purchase? If you don't mind us asking, what kind of upgrades did you do and how much?
Old 2012-02-14, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston2b View Post
I agree its a good ideal to start a thread for Copper Hills By Preston Homes. I see lots of sharing about GP and SL, but not Preston Homes.

D7smith, which phase did you purchase? I bot phase 2b, expected occupancy in coming summer.
Hi, we purchased in phase 2A. We are expected to close in July 2012. We actually pushed our closing date as far as we could as we did not want to move in until that time. We have had our pre-construction appt, and Decor appt. We didn't go crazy on the upgrades, since most of them were already offered. Glad to see we have some activity on this thread.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:33 PM
Regular User

CopperHills - We also bought Phase 2, closing in October, it's on of those lots they build last. Which model did you buy?
Old 2012-02-14, 03:47 PM
Regular User

Smile

Hi Everyone,

I've bought a model of Cloverdale (former name - Oxfordshire) in phase 2B and my closing will be in November 2012.

Just curious, why did you guys choose Preston over Greenpark or Starlane? My reasons were that I wanted to have a wider lot (50' vs. 45' (GP) and 41' (Starlane)), no semi-attached will be built in Preston's site, and the site plan looks more organized.

Looking forward to seeing others' comments.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:16 PM

The model we bought was the Richmond. I am not sure if they still offer that model after phase 2A. Its a 4 BR at just under 2500 square feet.

Yeah, I liked Preston due to the width of the lot, and all of the upgrades they offered in the deal. I personally like more of a square type layout, and i think you get that with a 50' lot.

Also, its obvious the upgrades in Preston are incorporated in the price, since Preston prices seemed to be higher then the other projects in the area. But i liked the fact that I knew what was included. I did some research at some other projects that were cheaper , but i found that you could not find out the prices of the upgrades until you made a purchase. Looking at the forums i found some price lists and I could see that the upgrades were very pricey. So comparing the price of upgrades to the cost of Preston, i could see that the homes were comparable and even cheaper in some cases. Its nice to know what you are getting yourself into before actually buy the house with respect to upgrades.
Old 2012-02-14, 06:22 PM
Regular User

Totally agreed. I've found Preston's bonus packages have included many pretty costly upgrades already.