Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Newmarket

Newmarket All communities starting and established in Newmarket

Old 2012-03-20, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Default copper hill 2c

Hi all,

I purchased Copper Hill phase 2c last month. Very excited. Closing in early Dec 2012. Can anyone tell me if this builder is usually on time? Sale office said they are usually on time. I am renting right now so its important to know that they will be on time or not.

Is it true we will be contact for pre-construction & decor appointment? There is no price list available for upgrades right?

Thanks all!
Old 2012-03-20, 02:24 PM
Regular User

Congrats miumiu!

We also purchased in 2c, closing in October if all goes well. Which lot and model did you get? We are on Lot12.

You should get a call or email about 7 months from your closing for your pre-construction appointment. So you should be notified around May.

Unfortunately there is no pricelist avaliable to us, but the Design Consultant (Ashley) was very friendly and helpful.

Cheers!
Old 2012-03-20, 10:29 PM
Regular User

Hi CopperHills,

I purchased lot #4. Thanks for the info.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:13 PM
Regular User

Default w/o basement

Hi all,

I paid a lot premium and w/o basement for the property, but on my purchase agreement, it did not state any of those. The sale rep said when we pick that lot it is designed for w/o basement only. Therefore the total price already reflected that. My lawyer encourage me to ask to put in an insert. But builder rep refused since it's already passed the first 10 days. Did any of you have the same concern?
Old 2012-03-29, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Default Preston Homes Copper Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu View Post
Hi all,

I paid a lot premium and w/o basement for the property, but on my purchase agreement, it did not state any of those. The sale rep said when we pick that lot it is designed for w/o basement only. Therefore the total price already reflected that. My lawyer encourage me to ask to put in an insert. But builder rep refused since it's already passed the first 10 days. Did any of you have the same concern?
Hi Mui Mui,

I purchased phase 2B and made changes to the floor plan, etc. All the changes were inserted in the purchase agreement, either written notes added to the original terms, or as an extra schedule. These were done during the 10-day recession period. However, there's still confusion during the pre-construction appointment and some 'negotiation' was required.

Your situation is different. I believe you should speak to your laywer again to find out how is it the best to protect your interest at this point.

Good luck.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:13 PM
Regular User

Hello preston2b,

what did you mean by "there's still confusion during the pre-construction appointment and some 'negotiation' was required. "?
Some of the pre construction items are way toooo expensive, can we negotiate with the builder?
Old 2012-03-29, 03:09 PM
Regular User

Interested to know if the pre construction prices are negotiable too. Our appointment is coming up soon
Old 2012-03-29, 08:03 PM
Regular User

I'm thinking to move the laundry from 2nd floor to the basement. I wonder how much the builder will charge me. They really should give me a credit since it's easier than setting it up on 2nd floor.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:20 AM
Regular User

Hi miumiu,

Please don't move your landry to the basement, it's a great selling feature when you have it on main or upper floor, plus it may not seem like it but once you are doing laundry it's a big headache to run up and down with your laundry basket, it's very inconvenient. I have that now and can't wait when my landry will be on the main floor!
Old 2012-03-30, 09:34 AM
Regular User

Default 2nd Floor Laundry

+1 We currently have a main floor laundry and I can't wait to have an 2nd floor laundry. It's so much more convenient.

So what do you plan to do to the space vacated by the Laundry room? It seems too small for a bedroom, but would probably make a great closet