Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2013-03-12, 01:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtm View Post
Thanks for letting me know. At least now I won't get my hopes up of seeing our cheque anytime soon. That's ok, I can wait.
We bought 2nd March 2009 and recieved the cheque 11th March 2013. So yep 4yrs sounds about right
Old 2013-03-12, 04:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
We bought 2nd March 2009 and recieved the cheque 11th March 2013. So yep 4yrs sounds about right
Unless you live on the 'split' lots of DeForest Crescent (i.e. those built on the land Sundial bought from Emery) - in which case for some inexplicable reason these have NOT yet been assumed...or so we are told...

Not sure why they wouldn't - unless the Emery homes/land behind us haven't been as well...
Old 2013-03-13, 11:37 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunectesboy View Post
Unless you live on the 'split' lots of DeForest Crescent (i.e. those built on the land Sundial bought from Emery) - in which case for some inexplicable reason these have NOT yet been assumed...or so we are told...

Not sure why they wouldn't - unless the Emery homes/land behind us haven't been as well...
We are on Mikalda directly behind Deforest in the Emery towns and I spoke with Mike Robkin of the City's engineering department last week and we are still not assumed. He gave me a timeline of this summer... which likely means this fall. We closed in April of 2009, so we are going on 4 years now. It is kind of weird how some locations are assumed on the same street that closed around the same time where others are not.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspacer View Post
We are on Mikalda directly behind Deforest in the Emery towns
Sounds like we are neighbours then!

Thanks for the info...first round of summer beer is on me!
Old 2013-03-15, 12:14 PM
Regular User

Alas, the monetary instrument returning the deposit to us has arrived via post just this morning.

We are rejoicing.
Old 2013-05-15, 08:20 AM
Regular User

I thought it was time to ressurect this thread....

Is there anyone out there with Emery in Phase 3 that has received or heard anything about grading deposits? I talked to the City yesterday and my place hasn't been assumed, they told me to put pressure on the builder to get their "ducks in a row" so to speak in order to get the proper grading/drainage certifications for assumption by the City. We closed 4 years ago in April.
Old 2013-09-09, 09:22 PM

Well, basically WHOEVER paid the deposit is entitled to get that deposit back, simple enough. And you'd be very lucky if in your purchase agreement they are paying you interest on the grading deposit. I have never heard of a builder paying interest on such a deposit, but I guess it could all depend on the builder. Not Regal Crest! I do find that when you contact Regal Crest (or other builders) and start questioning them about the deposit, they tend to play a bit coy. Also, it really does depend on the builder - MOST will not automatically send it out, but when I spoke to Regal Crest they insisted they would (yeah, we'll see).

For the record, waiting 4-5 years is not uncommon. I am closing in on 4 plus years now since the site in Bradford was started. But actually THAT is not the key date. In Bradford anyway, the site is normally assumed "24 months after the site goes on maintenance". The Bradford site was supposed to have gone on maintenance end of 2011 so still several months at least before assumption

Last edited by Karouselambra; 2013-09-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 2013-09-11, 01:28 PM
Regular User

Has anybody from Sundial with closing date around Dec 2010 gotten theirs yet? I know this is probably a bit premature...
Old 2013-09-12, 08:03 AM
Regular User

We closed January 2011 and they told me 4 years.... approx.
Old 2013-09-19, 06:35 PM

What? cvvcbfgdfgd