Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2014-10-06, 09:30 AM
Regular User

Default Window Condensation - Roof looks Saggy - Fieldgate

Hello,

I have spoken with mny residents in our area - Bluesky Fieldgate, and many (most) of the houses have condensation between the window panes. It has been like this for a few years. How could this affect so many windows and so many homes? I am hoping we can get the windows replaced or file a class action if no resolution. I also noticed the roofs look like they are sagging between the support beams, is this normal?

Does anyone know if we have any warranty for either of these issues, or what legal action we could pursue?

Thanks
Old 2014-10-07, 09:33 PM
Regular User

How old is your house? Is it still covered under Tarion? If it is no older than 2 years, I think you should be able to have windows replaced under Tarion. After that, I'm afraid windows are no longer covered.
As for the roof sagging, this might be a structural issue. If that's the case, then I think Tarion covers that for up to 7 years... but I might be wrong. Check the Tarion website for details: http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prote...arranties.aspx

You should probably hire a home inspection company and let them inspect the windows and the roof and give you an advice on how to proceed.