Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2018-06-13, 11:27 AM
Regular User

I just got another delay letter in the mail.

Closing Mar 8 2019 now
Old 2018-06-13, 12:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post

Closing Mar 8 2019 now
Wow, hope I get that too.
Old 2018-06-13, 12:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erexa View Post
Wow, hope I get that too.
My bet is you will get one.

I think itís due to shortage of trades and material.

When I was up there last time, it doesnít seem like a site with lots of action. If you been to other sites, you see like tons of trades truck, lifts, tons of equipments all over the place and you can hardly drive around.

I am guessing they probably havenít even finish up all houses from phase 1.
Old 2018-06-13, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:

Closing Mar 8 2019 now
When did you get the notice for delay?
They emailed saying construction was started for phase two. May be the builder is delaying construction since they have a lot of inventory from phase 2. Also they are probably aware lot of purchasers may not be able to close this year due to the market conditions
Old 2018-06-13, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1990 View Post
They emailed saying construction was started for phase two. May be the builder is delaying construction since they have a lot of inventory from phase 2. Also they are probably aware lot of purchasers may not be able to close this year due to the market conditions
yeah i got that email too.
Old 2018-06-13, 04:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I thought Phase 2 sold out prior to the slow down. It is phase 3 they aren't really moving much. The highly sought after models were the only ones sold in ph3.

Although there is a slow down in the market, it is a different story when we're talking about if we have enough trades to keep up with the production.

Do keep in mind there are dozens of condos going up and more going up on a monthly basis, not just in GTA, but all over Ontario, now even in Quebec (montreal and Gatineau) they are building up condos. There really isn't enough trades to get the work moving.

Most trades prefer to work with condo or in the core (closer to family and friend). For example, you will have 8 teams working in Richmond Hill (those multi-mil townhouse are going up fast there), but maybe 2-3 teams in Innisfiil. That kind of ratio.

If I don't see atleast half of the ph2 poured by end of Fall (and mine is still untouched), I wouldn't be surprise if I get one more delay into Summer 2019.
Old 2018-06-14, 11:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I thought Phase 2 sold out prior to the slow down. It is phase 3 they aren't really moving much. The highly sought after models were the only ones sold in ph3.

Although there is a slow down in the market, it is a different story when we're talking about if we have enough trades to keep up with the production.

Do keep in mind there are dozens of condos going up and more going up on a monthly basis, not just in GTA, but all over Ontario, now even in Quebec (montreal and Gatineau) they are building up condos. There really isn't enough trades to get the work moving.

Most trades prefer to work with condo or in the core (closer to family and friend). For example, you will have 8 teams working in Richmond Hill (those multi-mil townhouse are going up fast there), but maybe 2-3 teams in Innisfiil. That kind of ratio.

If I don't see atleast half of the ph2 poured by end of Fall (and mine is still untouched), I wouldn't be surprise if I get one more delay into Summer 2019.
So my closing is Nov 12th, exact 5 months away, I was there 2 weeks ago, nothing was done, and if I am not mistaken our houses are literally on the same street, few lots apart. I am very hopeful they will delay me too. Next year is better than now.
Old 2018-06-14, 12:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erexa View Post
So my closing is Nov 12th, exact 5 months away, I was there 2 weeks ago, nothing was done, and if I am not mistaken our houses are literally on the same street, few lots apart. I am very hopeful they will delay me too. Next year is better than now.
I can confidently bet on you will get the delay notice as well, sometime between now and end of June.

There is no way they can work on your house now, they still got plenty others to work on and with the shortage in trades; a 5-month isn't going to do for a house in Innisfil.
Old 2018-06-22, 08:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:

Closing Mar 8 2019 now
What was your original colosing date? My in laws got March 1st 2019 as the firm date but looks like they may not meet that and providing the max date allowed by tarion. Hopefully it goes beyond that which gives more time for markets to recover and little bit compensation for the delayed closing will help the buyers out who bought it during the insane market conditions
Old 2018-06-22, 09:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
What was your original colosing date? My in laws got March 1st 2019 as the firm date but looks like they may not meet that and providing the max date allowed by tarion. Hopefully it goes beyond that which gives more time for markets to recover and little bit compensation for the delayed closing will help the buyers out who bought it during the insane market conditions
Hoping for the same too. I would prefer a summer 2019 closing instead.