Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-03-14, 09:33 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaG View Post
Any ideas on which internet/Tv provider has best deal for the Barrhaven Quinn's point area. We are in the process of moving there so looking for people's opinions/suggestion/experience with Bell & Rogers. Are there any other providers that are good? We are older couple so we don't really download stuff off of internet but still need good speed to do our little searches etc.
Thank you in advance everyone
BTW someone from Rogers has left a message so we need to follow up on that.
I'm in the new part of Half Moon Bay that is right beside Quinn's point. I went with Rogers because the deal with Bell wasn't that great and I didn't want to bring my phone over (I'm using VOIP for my phone line). Rogers offered 25% off, free modem, free pvr, free installation, nhl centre ice, shomi and tech something. They've since added hollywood suite to replace shomi which they cancelled. It's been working great, no issues and really fast speeds.
Old 2017-03-14, 11:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
I'm in the new part of Half Moon Bay that is right beside Quinn's point. I went with Rogers because the deal with Bell wasn't that great and I didn't want to bring my phone over (I'm using VOIP for my phone line). Rogers offered 25% off, free modem, free pvr, free installation, nhl centre ice, shomi and tech something. They've since added hollywood suite to replace shomi which they cancelled. It's been working great, no issues and really fast speeds.

Thank you so much Suezuki this sounds really good.
Old 2017-03-14, 01:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
You should ask for free Netflix too. I was able to get 1 year of Netflix and the Hollywood suite to replace Shomi
Old 2017-03-14, 01:19 PM
Regular User

I asked for netflix and they were a no go on that, but hey, it's worth asking.
Old 2017-03-27, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Are there any shopping center or large grocery store close to Quinn's Point area? Thx
Old 2017-03-27, 02:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravine View Post
Are there any shopping center or large grocery store close to Quinn's Point area? Thx
Loblaws, Independant, Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Best Buy + many more all within 5-10 mins of Quinn's Point
Old 2017-04-03, 08:07 PM
Regular User

HI everyone. I am looking at building at Quinn's point and was wondering if anyone has any success negotiating extra design centre dollars. Pm me if you prefer to keep it private.
Old 2017-05-17, 02:22 PM
Regular User

Just bumping up the thread for people who have already bought in Quinn's Pointe to share their experiences. Did everything (PDI, 30 days, 1 Year) go smoothly? How are the fit and finishes of the homes? Does anyone have a closing date coming up?
Old 2017-05-17, 03:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_petrucci View Post
Just bumping up the thread for people who have already bought in Quinn's Pointe to share their experiences. Did everything (PDI, 30 days, 1 Year) go smoothly? How are the fit and finishes of the homes? Does anyone have a closing date coming up?
Hello John, we recently closed at Quinn's point. PDI (well, I believe now it is called PDO....) went well, no major deficiencies. We had just few minor stuff which they fixed before we closed. 30 day also we hardly had anything & whatever little was there they were very prompt in coming over & fixing without reminding them. Overall I would say that Minto has done a great job. Even after all this recent rains no problems with our house. All in all we are very happy
Old 2017-05-21, 05:04 PM
Regular User

A couple of my friends are looking to upsize from Westboro condo to Barrhaven single so they asked me to meet them at the Minto sales centre on Strandherd for discussions about lot selection, floor plans and things of that nature.

My friends told me Minto will release their newest Barrhaven community called Harmony on June 3rd and Minto expects people to line up outside, possibly overnight, to secure their desired lot. I have not heard about this since pre-2010 when people lined up to get their desired lot with Monarch in Stonebridge so I guess things must have really picked up this year.

I also picked up the price list for Quinn's Pointe, Minto's another Barrhaven community, and the base price has increased by $20K for the townhouses as I still have the price list from opening day 2 years ago. I suspect the same thing for their detached models, if not more.

P.S. For some reasons, Barrhaven is particularly attractive to Asians. While I was in the sales centre, I saw a steady stream of interested buyers coming in and all of them were Asians (Chinese and Indians or perhaps Sri Lankans, I could not tell the difference to be honest).