Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2017-01-17, 01:44 PM
walter8299 walter8299 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newmarket
Posts: 632
Default

If anyone know the phase 2 closing date range and would not mind sharing, it would be great. Looking at late 2018 to early 2019 closing ideally.
__________________
List your house for as low as 3.25% combined commission available! Please PM for details.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2017-01-17, 08:19 PM
Stonemanor Stonemanor is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Springwater, ontario
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter8299 View Post
If anyone know the phase 2 closing date range and would not mind sharing, it would be great. Looking at late 2018 to early 2019 closing ideally.
I have a friend who bought in November for phase 2 and is closing August 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2017-01-17, 08:20 PM
Stonemanor Stonemanor is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Springwater, ontario
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by askimo View Post
Very good information, thanks for sharing. Something I can't see in their web site is what type of hard wood floor and the standard dim of the trim and baseboard.

We will be in the site during the weekend
We had to upgrade to hardwood and to increase size of trims and baseboards.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2017-01-18, 11:37 AM
askimo askimo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemanor View Post
We had to upgrade to hardwood and to increase size of trims and baseboards.

Did you change the high of the ceilings as well? How much was the hardwood upgrade in your model?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2017-01-18, 12:54 PM
Stonemanor Stonemanor is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Springwater, ontario
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by askimo View Post
Did you change the high of the ceilings as well? How much was the hardwood upgrade in your model?
Yes we increased ceilings on all 3 floors.

Hardwood was about 12k not including bedrooms (I actually prefer carpet in the bedrooms). This is for a super dark stain called graphite 5" planks in living, dining, great room, upper hall way and media room.

So the hardwood upgrade would vary depending on the size of planks and stain colour you choose. I wanted the 7" but we were trying to control the budget we had already blown after the structural appt lol

The 7" baseboards and 3" casings were around 3500

I just sent you a pm as well.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2017-01-31, 11:07 AM
askimo askimo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 69
Default

I was at the sale site a couple of weeks ago and the homes design and lots sizes look really nice!! There are two lots from the Phase 1 remaining and a three on phase 2 (with premiums due to lot size and location). They are releasing new lots periodically from Phase 2. Model prices in the web site are up to date, but lots available are not (call the site). Worth mentioning that home features/standards are quite basic, in my opinion the homes are shells that need to be updated,Tribute is well known for this practice (Ex. Homes without sidewalk cost $5k more)

For those who already bought homes here, have you experience any delay in closing? I remember the development from Tribute in “Gates of Nobleton” suffered mayor delays last year for no obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2017-01-31, 01:07 PM
Stonemanor Stonemanor is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Springwater, ontario
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by askimo View Post
I was at the sale site a couple of weeks ago and the homes design and lots sizes look really nice!! There are two lots from the Phase 1 remaining and a three on phase 2 (with premiums due to lot size and location). They are releasing new lots periodically from Phase 2. Model prices in the web site are up to date, but lots available are not (call the site). Worth mentioning that home features/standards are quite basic, in my opinion the homes are shells that need to be updated,Tribute is well known for this practice (Ex. Homes without sidewalk cost $5k more)

For those who already bought homes here, have you experience any delay in closing? I remember the development from Tribute in “Gates of Nobleton” suffered mayor delays last year for no obvious reasons.
My friend also purchased in phase 2 and was originally quoted fall 2018 closing but tribute called them and said they were ahead of schedule and if they were okay with moving their closing date up 6 months. They happily agreed.

Our home was scheduled to break ground mid February and we noticed they had already dug up and laid the foundation 2 weeks ago ( a month in advance).

Last year most developers were delayed due to the labor strike. I know for example that all the Sharon and aurora developments maxed out the 7500 closing delay credit. Not 100 percent sure if this is the case for gates of nobleton but assuming it is.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2017-01-31, 02:17 PM
askimo askimo is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemanor View Post

Our home was scheduled to break ground mid February and we noticed they had already dug up and laid the foundation 2 weeks ago ( a month in advance).
We noticed that too!!! they were digging the hole of your property the day we visited the sales site.

They increased the price of the 62" lots by 20k

Last edited by askimo; 2017-01-31 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2017-02-07, 03:28 PM
Atheesan24 Atheesan24 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: springwater
Posts: 7
Default

Hi,

I bought Albany B on lot 537 back in December. My closing is in February 2018.

Not sure if you guys are following the prices of the houses on the Tribute site. They've jumped a total of $60k since our signing. We signed our house for $873k + 110k for the lot. Wondering how much some of the early buyers might've paid for the house and lot. Saw someone mention a friend signed in November. Do you have any idea how much the houses were going for then?

I have my second upgrade appointment next week. Wondering what some of you guys have done or planning to do in the kitchen.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding our process. Happy to share!

Btw lot 273, I will be giving your lot as a referral to get us both the $500. Do you mind giving me your first and last name incase they ask? Pm me if you'd like.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2017-02-07, 05:04 PM
Stonemanor Stonemanor is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Springwater, ontario
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheesan24 View Post
Hi,

I bought Albany B on lot 537 back in December. My closing is in February 2018.

Not sure if you guys are following the prices of the houses on the Tribute site. They've jumped a total of $60k since our signing. We signed our house for $873k + 110k for the lot. Wondering how much some of the early buyers might've paid for the house and lot. Saw someone mention a friend signed in November. Do you have any idea how much the houses were going for then?

I have my second upgrade appointment next week. Wondering what some of you guys have done or planning to do in the kitchen.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding our process. Happy to share!

Btw lot , I will be giving your lot as a referral to get us both the $500. Do you mind giving me your first and last name incase they ask? Pm me if you'd like.
Congrats! I love the Albany!! That was my first choice but The lot beside us didn't buy a coach house so we couldn't either. The lot was the priority for us vs the house model, but we are happy with our Churchill b.

We bought in September and close in August and price has increased 160k since we bought. I have print screened the price lists every time they've gone up, which has been every month but this past January it went up Jan 3, 7 and 27 and then again feb 5. I know that the development started selling in October of 2013 and that it had only gone up 100k total up until sept 2016, so the recent increases have been fast over the last 6 months. Our lot is a ravine and we paid 85k for the lot premium. Lot 537 is huge, that's a great lot!

To get the 500 referral you need to tell the sales office and they send he paperwork to the decor center. Just call and tell them that you forgot to mention it earlier as you assumed that you had to tell the decor center. I will pm you my first and last name...thank you!

What structural upgrades did you do?
In the kitchen we upgraded the cabinets and hardware and added drawers and garbage/recycling drawer. We did a different colour island (white cabinets and dark island). It's so easy to get carried away and we really tried not to go too crazy. Good luck at your next appt!

Last edited by Stonemanor; 2017-03-20 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barrie neighbourhoods RCC Barrie 0 2014-10-17 01:24 PM
Fernbrook Centretown - Barrie 69L_Forsyth Barrie 37 2012-06-19 10:39 PM
Forum req for Barrie and/or Simcoe County areas Russell C Watson Chit Chat 1 2007-07-15 12:24 PM
Forun req for Barrie and/or Simcoe County areas Russell C Watson Chit Chat 0 2007-07-15 05:34 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.