Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2007-02-08, 10:05 AM
Regular User

Default 21 days.....

And they have not even started to drywall yet!!! My type "A" personality is starting to cause me to not sleep at night!!! Someone...please reassure me that Sundial can do the entire interior of my home in 21 days!!!!

Old 2007-02-09, 11:11 AM

We just closed yesterday (PDI on Wed), and we visited the site once every weekend in the last 4 to 6 weeks. I remember there was no drywall until 10 days to 2-weeks before our PDI. So yes, I think it can be done.

Cristian
Old 2007-02-09, 12:08 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the reassurance Cristian....my lawyer and bank are calling and wanting to finalize everything....and we have no interior yet!!! This process is not good for my nerves!

How did your pdi and closing go? I hope everything turned out perfect in your house.

Old 2007-02-09, 12:50 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihaela & Cristian
We just closed yesterday (PDI on Wed), and we visited the site once every weekend in the last 4 to 6 weeks. I remember there was no drywall until 10 days to 2-weeks before our PDI. So yes, I think it can be done.

Cristian
Hi guys,

Just curious was there many mistakes?
Old 2007-02-09, 02:30 PM

Default PDI and closing

The PDI on Wednesday went well. As others mentioned here, Tely from Sundial was very helpful. He inspected the house before we arrived and noted several items on the PDI form. Our house inspection took about 3 hours. Overall we are very happy with the (almost) finished product and all of our upgrades look good. Just one big item was missing - the glass shower - we hope to get it in next week. Also, the carpet on the second floor will be replaced, as it's not level and it was damaged during installation. There were some drywall repairs and touch-up paint to be done; along with the stair resanding and staining (these were completed before the closing on Thursday).
We also took a quick tour outside the house (it was freezing outside), and we noticed a couple of aluminium sidings being damaged on one side, and several other minor items. Sundial will complete some of the exterior work in the spring.
One final note, about the backyard - there is a lot of construction debris, some pushed by the wind against one of our basement windows; I'll try to clean some of the debris once the weather gets a little warmer.

We'll be moving in the next couple of weeks and we're looking forward to meeting our new neighbours!

Cristian