Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2007-11-22, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Default Real Estate Services - Do you know how much your home is worth?

Hi Everyone,

I know it's been a while since I have posted here.

Since I moved out of Decker Hollow Circle I bought another home at Airport/Countryside and I am now pretty excited about that it will be closing in March.

I know I had conversations with many of you regarding value of homes in the area, and for those of you who I haven't been in touch with previously I look forward to hearing from you as well.

I am offering a free market update to all of you who use this board, just send me a PM or e-mail if any of you are interested.

If you or anyone you know are curious about anything to do with real estate PM me or e-mail me at mottorino@trebnet.com and I'll be glad to assist
Old 2007-11-22, 02:38 PM
Regular User

Smile

So which builder did you go with...we are also in Castlemore

But you can't really determine a house value unless you see it...right? I see some real-estate agents ask you to list what upgrades you have, size of house, lot, etc. & they will tell you how much it's worth...I can't see this working very well... It might give you an approx. idea I guess...
Old 2007-11-22, 05:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
So which builder did you go with...we are also in Castlemore

But you can't really determine a house value unless you see it...right? I see some real-estate agents ask you to list what upgrades you have, size of house, lot, etc. & they will tell you how much it's worth...I can't see this working very well... It might give you an approx. idea I guess...
Hi patrob,

This is intended to look at comparable properties in your area and give an approximate value to you based on comparables. It's the same method used to decide on a list price when someone decides to list a home for sale.

Seeing the property would give an agent a "better" idea of the potential value of your home, and allow them to get a better idea of how many more or less dollars you can sell for than the comparables based on how well your home shows.

Actually visiting the home and seeing it definitely can help me give someone a more accurate assessment than the price range I give over the net.

The real answer to "what's my home worth?" is "whatever someone is willing to pay" but I can give people a pretty decent idea of how much that might be (more so if I actually visit the home).

Hope that explains how it works.