Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-03-26, 11:33 AM
Regular User

Default Re: We recieved the letter too!!

Yes, I did receive the letter saying that the construction will begin in July.Hope is true. I already had my choice at the decor centre last month and we came out with an empty pocket...........we spent almost ten thousand for the upgrades :cry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lines
I recieved the same letter today also. What area of River Ridge did you buy from? We're on Mantle Ave. Which still doesn't even have the roads or lamp posts yet. I think the start date for digging might even be later for us. I called the Fieldgate office today to find out if the letter really applies to us. They called back, but I missed the call. I have to try again on Monday. I'll let you know what info I get. We went for our decor browsing appt this week. It went OK. It's so hard to choose everything, especially when it costs so much to upgrade. Is anyone upgrading their ensuite shower to the glass one for $2500? We're considering it. If you guys have any suggestions on what we should upgrade on, we would really appreciate the advice. Our final appt is April 5th.

Thanks,

Andrea
Old 2006-03-26, 10:54 PM
Regular User

Thanks Everyone!!!

All of your suggestions and info have helped with some of our decisions. I'm going to be calling Fieldgate tomorrow to see what is up with the Mantle Ave, River Ridge homes. I'll let you know what I hear, if any of you are Mantle Ave home owners. Right now I feel like we are the only ones who stayed on Mantle.

Thanks again,

Andrea
Old 2006-03-27, 08:35 AM

Thanks... here's what I found out!

I spoke to Joe from the sales office on Saturday and he informed me that he had not even seen a copy of the letter. I will be calling Jim Andrews this morning to find out how to dicepher the letter.

Joe confirmed very little has been done over the past six months, and that he feels servicing should begin in the next few weeks. The 56 homes that need to be serviced should take no more than three months and then another four to six months for the construction of the homes. Our closing is scheduled for Mid-October (doubtful) after already being delayed a year? We're also on Mantle

Amanda
Old 2006-03-27, 11:53 AM
Regular User

Hello everyone
We are just as fustrated as all those others on Mantle Ave. Our closing date was (oct 2005) and now Oct 2006. Obviously that is not going to happen either. I live in New Jersey, my husband in Thornhill, and have been commuting back and forth waiting for the house to be build---so you can imagine how upset I am. My husband went to the sales office yesterday and they are useless--as always!! Too bad Angela and Joe never have a clue as to what is going on.

I think all this issue between Lebovic and Fieldgate is extremely ridiculous!! I feel that Fieldgate, as the developer, was not forthcomming with us when we signed up to buy in 2004 about the land being serviced by anther entity. I am looking to take legal action in this matter and would like to know if anyone else feels the same. I think if all of us on Mantle Ave band together and take a united coarse of action then maybe something might get done. I'm tired of wating around for information and being treated like an inbecile. I called the Stouffville Municipal building today and spoke with Christie in charge of issuing building permits. No building permits have been issued for Mantle Ave from the city as of yet. She can only tell me that she feels it will be soon----- just as everyone keeps saying. She gave me the number of Lebovic but it turned out to be a fax. If anyone else has more infromation please keep me posted. And I am strongly urging all those buyers on Mantle Ave to join together in seeking legal action against Lebovic and Fielgate. One or two people complaining is not going to make a differnece, but togther we can light a fire on these corporations. :twisted:
Old 2006-03-27, 12:35 PM
Regular User

Hi everyone,
I just got the information on the person in charge of Fieldgate Bluesky River Ridge project at Lebovic's head office. His name is Loyd Cherniak, Vice President of Lebovic Enterprise ( they are in charge of all land development projects) # 905-640-7361 Ext. 222.

He was not in the office but I left him a message. We'll see if he calls me back. Fieldgate and the the city of Stouffville keep saying the problem is with the land getting serviced and that Lebovic is in charge of that-----so we'll see what the Vice President of Lebovic has to say!! :idea: I'm intrested in seeing how he will explain a 2 year delay!!!! If your house is on Mantle Ave, I urge you to be aggresive in calling Mr. Cherniak as many times as needed in order to get the answers that we DESERVE!!!!
Old 2006-03-27, 12:42 PM

UPDATE -

I just got off the phone with Jim Andrews (The Letter Writer) and he informed me that every closing date for our area is fictitious and not to be taken seriously. Until the township approves Lebovic's plan (?) can all parties meet and our actual closing dates be discussed. In my opinion it doesn't make sense, there has been no reason given for the delay, and employees seem to be misinformed or are not at liberty to say or flat out lying.

Back in October, Angela informed us that the current contractor was bought out and that Fieldgate Homes would be bringing in there own contractor to service the parcel. The reason being Lebovic postured for much of the summer moving dirt back and forth to appear busy while holding out for more money. However, as per my conversation with Jim, Lebovic is still the contractor.

I agree Lydia, something has to happen. I can fully understand a delay with reason but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks, I'll be giving him a call.
Old 2006-03-27, 01:14 PM
Regular User

Thanks Amanda---I can't believe they told you that the closing dates on the letter are ficticious---that is not even legal. Am I alone in seeing that these people are just playing around with us??? Why would they be sending out letter with ficticious closing dates----they really need to be SUED!!!!!!!!! Unless we get serious legal action--they are going to keep stalling and passing the buck. I AM SOOOOOO ANGRY!!! I am trying to find out who's representing Lebovic legally so I can get on board with an equally good attroney or firm. If you or anyone else can find out who the best leagally real estate firm in toronto is then I would initiate a legal coarse of action. And all those who want to join me can!!
Old 2006-03-27, 01:56 PM
Regular User

Hi
I am going to be in toronto this weekend and would very much like to meet with some of you who have bought houses on mantle ave if at all possible. We are in Thornhill, but will agree to meet with you anywhere around town. I'm serious about trying to get this problem resolved or least some concrete answers. please let me know who is willing to meet for a short time this weekend. i don't know about all of you but I WANT MY HOUSE OR ANSWERS :evil: WHEN I'LL GET MY HOUSE AND AM TIRED OF WAITING!!!!!!
Old 2006-03-27, 04:34 PM
Regular User

I just sent a letter to the toronto Star and the Globe as to the unbeliveable run aroun we are getting. also i contacted Ctv for a news tip on this story. hopefully some that cares at these places will read it and run with our story. Fieldgate and Lebovic should be ashamed of what they are doing and how they are intentionally lying to all of us!! :wink:
Old 2006-03-27, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Hi Lydia and Amanda,

I'm glad that there are other Mantle owners still out there.
I also spoke with Jim Andrews and he said the same thing to me about fictitious dates. He only mentioned that the dates on the recent letter were fictitious and an estimate. He never mentioned the closing dates to me. He also said that Lebovic agreed to service both sections of River Ridge and finish them both around the same time, which isn't happening. I think that Lebovic is holding out on Mantle because he still has the other streets perpendicular to Mantle to sell to a builder. Fieldgate at one point said they were going to try to get posession of the land. The last time I spoke to Joe, he said fieldgate was not interested in it anymore. I knew once Joe said that they weren't interested anymore, this was going to cause another problem. I'm worried they might just give up on Mantle all together. I will talk to my husband tonight and find out if he's available to meet sometime this weekend with you Lydia. I'm willing to fight for our house. I'm getting sick of just being bounced around from person to person when trying to get answers and sick of sitting around and just waiting. This is getting ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: