Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2008-08-22, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Default Did anyone bought house from Greenpark

Hi to all,

My husband and I are still shopping for our new house, and we were thinking to go with Greenpark or Royal Pines. Locations are - Dufferin and MAjor Mackenzie or Major Mac and WEston road, I know that both builders building homes in those locations.

Which locations do you recomend and which builder is better???

Which builder has better floorplans?

Thanks again.

p.s. previously we were thinking TiffanyParkhomes but we decided not to go with their homes.

Last edited by Oksana; 2008-09-03 at 08:46 PM.
Old 2008-08-22, 03:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksana View Post
Hi to all,

My husband and I are still shopping for our new house, and we were thinking to go with Greenpark or Royal Pines. Locations are - Dufferin and MAjor Mackenzie or Major Mac and WEston road, I know that both builders building homes in those locations.

Thanks again.

p.s. previously we were thinking TiffanyParkhomes but we decided to go with their homes.
It's hard to answer your question

1. It depends where you want to buy

2. Also, it depends on you

Personally, I bought from Green Park and near Major Mac and Weston road
Old 2008-08-22, 03:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi to all,

Thanks again.

p.s. previously we were thinking TiffanyParkhomes but we decided to go with their homes.
Well obviously i am biased and going to say Royal Pine at Major Mack and Weston because that's what I bought lol. Have you been by the sales office recenty? Do they still have many lots left?
Old 2008-08-22, 04:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi to all,

Thanks again.

It really depends on what your budget is and what features you want in the house. We have bought from Royal Pine -Dufferin & Rutherford as it was the cheapest initial price but when it came time to go to the décor center we realized that other builders such as Medallion & Tiffany have a higher initial price but they have a lot more included so you end up paying the same thing. You need to see what location & street work for you.
Old 2008-08-22, 04:33 PM
Regular User

Royal Pine at Weston and Major Mack may be a little higher priced but is still less than just north of Major Mack (Vaughan Valley Estates). You are actually getting a pretty good value in comparison as well as many of the typical extras are included in the base price (ie. crown moulding on high kitchen cabinets, 5-1/4" baseboards, pewter lever handles, iron pickets on stairs, strip flooring, grand stone fireplace, etc).
Old 2008-08-22, 04:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza_Lazio View Post
Royal Pine at Weston and Major Mack may be a little higher priced but is still less than just north of Major Mack (Vaughan Valley Estates). You are actually getting a pretty good value in comparison as well as many of the typical extras are included in the base price (ie. crown moulding on high kitchen cabinets, 5-1/4" baseboards, pewter lever handles, iron pickets on stairs, strip flooring, grand stone fireplace, etc).
how wide is you standard crown moulding? We got the smallest one as standard, we laughed when we saw it but it was way too much to upgrade
Old 2008-08-22, 04:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Gray View Post
how wide is you standard crown moulding? We got the smallest one as standard, we laughed when we saw it but it was way too much to upgrade
I have no idea but I am sure it's the smallest that they can possibly supply lol. How much was the upgrade to a thicker moulding?
Old 2008-08-22, 04:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza_Lazio View Post
I have no idea but I am sure it's the smallest that they can possibly supply lol. How much was the upgrade to a thicker moulding?

it depends on the kitchen upgrade you choose, the more expensive the kitchen the more you pay for any kitchen upgrade
Old 2008-08-22, 06:04 PM
Regular User

Personally, have no experience with RP, nothing to say. GP is a different story - they usually offer bare minimum, while keeping upgrade prices too high.
I'd ask for upgrade list before signing the agreement.

As to location - MajMac and Dufferin is way better.
Район Вестон и МакКензи темнеет из года в год, особенно между 400 и Вестон.
Old 2008-08-22, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhunter View Post
As to location - MajMac and Dufferin is way better.
What is your reasoning just curious....