Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-07-21, 01:01 PM

Default Mattamy - Sandfield/Queenbank

Hi everyone!

Glad to have found this forum! We are interested in Mattamy's Sandfield or Queenbank but are looking for a bit more information.

Some questions:

QUEENBANK
- Thoughts or opinions of anyone who has owned this model?
- What are the kitchen layout options that aren't in the pdf (Executive, Grande, Sous)
- Does anyone have a design catalogue they could share with us?
- Any pictures?

SANDFIELD
- Does anyone have the 4 bedroom option?
- Kitchen layout options (Executive, Grande, Sous)
- Anyone willing to share their recent Design catalogue?

Any help would be appreciated! We are still researching.

Please private message me if you can send me a design catalogue. Thank you so much in advance!
Old 2011-07-22, 09:42 AM

No one has any info or comments? Help!
Old 2011-07-25, 09:10 AM
Regular User

Hello,

We have a Sandfied... My Wife wanted the Chef's Kitchen (No Island), and "L" shape. There is good and bad with this decision. On top of the Chef's Kitchen, we added a Breakfast bar. This layout makes for a really small kitchen table setup. Also, going this route removes the option to have a full wall pantry, which we wanted, but was too late to change our initial layout.

We don't have 4 bedrooms, but it's easy to convert later on if need be. I don't have an electronic copy of the design catalogue, but the prices have changed a lot in the last 16 months.

We also went with 9 ft ceilings in the mail floor, but not the second floor, not noticible enought because of the great room.

We also went with the stone fireplace... Love it!

If you ever want to drop by and take a look, let me know.
Old 2011-07-25, 10:28 AM

Thank you for your feedback! I went and looked at the Sandfield model home again, but would love to see another kitchen layout. Do you have any photos of your kitchen?

The ceiling height must be so nice on the main floor! We have 9 foot ceilings now and would love to have them again. Do you by chance remember any of the other kitchen layout options?

Anyway to take out the island and put a pantry on the wall opposite the stove? Or will it make the walkway too narrow?
Old 2011-07-25, 03:45 PM
Regular User

If my kitchen is clean enough, I'll try and take pictures this week. The pantry would be on the same wall as the stove, going all the way towards the patio doors. The brochure shows an optional pantry with the island. You can download that floor plan off the web site. Also, I found my design Centre catalogue in pdf format if you want it. The prices will be higher now, but give you a description of the different kitchen's and an idea about pricing. Send me your email address if you like.
Old 2011-07-29, 08:57 AM
Regular User

Hello TimeToBuy,

Send me your email.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerboy View Post
Hello,

We have a Sandfied... My Wife wanted the Chef's Kitchen (No Island), and "L" shape. There is good and bad with this decision. On top of the Chef's Kitchen, we added a Breakfast bar. This layout makes for a really small kitchen table setup. Also, going this route removes the option to have a full wall pantry, which we wanted, but was too late to change our initial layout.

We don't have 4 bedrooms, but it's easy to convert later on if need be. I don't have an electronic copy of the design catalogue, but the prices have changed a lot in the last 16 months.

We also went with 9 ft ceilings in the mail floor, but not the second floor, not noticible enought because of the great room.

We also went with the stone fireplace... Love it!

If you ever want to drop by and take a look, let me know.
================================================== ==

Hey Beerboy,

Just wondering what you did with the stairs from the garage. Standard is carpet on those stairs, but I feel it could be ruined in no time walking from garage entry to foyer. Did you keep it as is and leave shoes in garage, change to hardwood or something else?
Old 2011-12-30, 06:45 AM
Regular User

In our experience this area gets pretty dirty even with the suggestions you've made (e.g. leave shoes in garage, etc.) because dirt (stones, salt, etc. during winter) from the main foyer area will still find its way onto those stairs.

The worse is when you have wet shoes, go into that small landing area (forgetting to leave shoes in the garage) and then step in a puddle while going from the main level to the basement.

I don't notice any major stains but we do vacuum that area a lot more than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG View Post
Hey Beerboy,

Just wondering what you did with the stairs from the garage. Standard is carpet on those stairs, but I feel it could be ruined in no time walking from garage entry to foyer. Did you keep it as is and leave shoes in garage, change to hardwood or something else?
Old 2012-05-11, 11:21 AM

Default Bulat home looks just like the sandfield but with all the possible upgrades

I fell in love with the Sandfield from Mattamy when I seen it back in 2006 but when we went to inquire about sales of the home I was shocked to learn that the model house has nearly $175,000 worth of upgrades and that if I was going to buy one without the upgrades it will really look plain and not as nice.

Bulat homes was building in the upcountry area in Stittsville and built me a gorgeous house that looks alot like the but bigger. Backing on to private land huge backyard no rear neighbors and fully finished walkout basement and all the upgrades you can think of.

It's currently for sale now price to sell at $560,000 if anyone is interested for a private showing just email me
For pictures of this property visit my agents website:
Amazingottawahomes.com

This is a 4+1 bedroom