Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 2019-03-04, 04:21 PM
evoMR evoMR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Riverside South
Posts: 71
Default

From my experience no. And to be honest, unless you're going with a very high end appliance brand, most of the dimensions are going to be very similar.

Counter depth fridges are usually 36 inches wide and most ranges are 30 inches wide. Only thing to really keep in mind is if you're going with a gas range, as this will mean you need more clearance between it and the hood fan
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 2019-03-05, 09:00 PM
jeeva86 jeeva86 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amix View Post
Yes, we are planning to get a counter depth fridge and a range as the stove/oven.

My only concern is once I put a deposit and one year down the road, the appliance store won't have that model anymore - is this a scenario that could occur?
That could happen because the models are so random. However, generally they are common sizes unless you’ve got built in slots for microwaves/ovens. I purchased my items during BF and closed 6 months later. BB is good for that. You can negotiate pretty good then as well.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 2019-03-07, 12:15 AM
Mattk Mattk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Riverside south
Posts: 2
Default

Do our new homes come with eavestroughing? Seems weird to have to coordinate with an entire row of townhomes to do on our own....??
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 2019-03-07, 05:13 PM
evoMR evoMR is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Riverside South
Posts: 71
Default

eavestroughing does not come with almost every builder
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 2019-11-18, 11:16 PM
sansid sansid is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 6
Default Elmhurst

Hi everyone! I am a new member to this forum and have been reading through the posts for some advice on Elmhurst by HN. We actually just booked the house this week and we have our structural meeting coming up! I would really appreciate any help or advice from you all. Similar to some of you, we are also curious about the changes that can be made to the kitchen layout and are curious what the Vaulted ceiling area looks like in person. There isnt any model home for the elmhurst so if anyone could pass along any pictures to help give us an idea of this houses layout or if possible be so kind as to allow us to view your home at some point if its not too much trouble it would really help us out! Any info would be really helpful and i really appreciate it Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 2019-11-19, 10:47 AM
sansid sansid is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjla View Post
Omg not to be creepy but I think you might be our back neighbor! We just bought with richcraft on atrium ridge.

About the vaulted ceiling have you tried asking HN if they have any model homes with vaulted ceiling? That might be a place to start
Haha sjla thats awesome! We were also fortunate to actually meet our neighbours in person when we went to book our lot as they also happened to be there booking theirs! Its really nice to see how well the community gets along! We are definitely looking forward to this!

Yes actually the Mayfair model does have the vaulted ceiling so we were able to see this. The kitchen layout and and the fireplace leading to family room is what we are really trying to envision. It tough to get a sense of it without seeing. I noticed many of the other members here in the past have also changed this layout so im hoping maybe we can get some ideas

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 2019-11-19, 02:34 PM
Mitsuko Mitsuko is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: ON/Ottawa
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansid View Post
The kitchen layout and and the fireplace leading to family room is what we are really trying to envision. It tough to get a sense of it without seeing. I noticed many of the other members here in the past have also changed this layout so im hoping maybe we can get some ideas
Thanks!
The Elmhurst design with the Living/Family room open to the stair and to above with the fireplace in the middle is the same as in the Mayfair you have seen. Kitchen/Dining is different (bigger) though.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 2019-11-19, 02:55 PM
sansid sansid is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
The Elmhurst design with the Living/Family room open to the stair and to above with the fireplace in the middle is the same as in the Mayfair you have seen. Kitchen/Dining is different (bigger) though.
Yes definitely, it was nice to be able to compare the Mayfair and Elmhurst since the family room seems to be similar

The kitchen and upstairs are different in layout, im wondering if putting the fridge in the pantry would be a better idea to give the kitchen more of an ‘L’ shape. Just wondering if anyone has done this similar change and if so how were they able to build the pantry in the corner where the fridge was originally placed?

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 2019-11-19, 02:57 PM
Mitsuko Mitsuko is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: ON/Ottawa
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansid View Post
Yes definitely, it was nice to be able to compare the Mayfair and Elmhurst since the family room seems to be similar
The kitchen and upstairs are different in layout, im wondering if putting the fridge in the pantry would be a better idea to give the kitchen more of an ‘L’ shape. Just wondering if anyone has done this similar change and if so how were they able to build the pantry in the corner where the fridge was originally placed?
Thanks for the help!
To put the fridge in the pantry alcove is a good idea - in this way you can hide the real depth of the "monster". Refrigerators never look like in the designer's layouts even if you buy a counter-depth one! You can really avoid this:

Be careful how deep the alcove should be though - big refrigerators are 30" or more deep + min. 1" free space behind the fridge.
IMHO you don't need to have a pantry with gb-partitions and doors in the corner - just discuss a big full height cabinet with the kitchen designer.

Last edited by Mitsuko; 2019-11-19 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 2019-11-19, 11:44 PM
sansid sansid is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
To put the fridge in the pantry alcove is a good idea - in this way you can hide the real depth of the "monster". Refrigerators never look like in the designer's layouts even if you buy a counter-depth one! You can really avoid this:

Be careful how deep the alcove should be though - big refrigerators are 30" or more deep + min. 1" free space behind the fridge.
IMHO you don't need to have a pantry with gb-partitions and doors in the corner - just discuss a big full height cabinet with the kitchen designer.
Hi Mitsuko, that is really good advice! We will be sure to discuss these options with HN at our meeting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riverside South sam2016 Ottawa 0 2013-12-28 12:52 PM
Urbandale in Riverside South Horizonmodel Ottawa 15 2012-05-01 09:19 AM
Input on commuting times needed - Carp, Riverside South & South Barrhaven EvrGrn Ottawa 16 2011-09-05 03:09 PM
Avalon Homes - Riverside South danny_italia Ottawa 7 2010-09-16 08:33 PM
Riverside South S and B Ottawa 2 2008-04-30 05:12 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.