Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-10-14, 10:46 PM

Default Claridge Westwood

Hi folks! Is anyone or has anyone purchased a Claridge Home in Westwood yet? We are looking in the area and just wondering what your sales / design experience has been so far. We are hoping to bring along a Realtor and hoping to try and squeeze in some extras - any luck on your end?!
Old 2019-10-24, 11:11 PM
Regular User

Hi just got off a chat with a Bell rep and they told me that they only offer TV Satellite in the area.

Does this mean that Rogers will be the only service provider in the community? TekSavvy told my wife they don't have a contract in the area to provide services.

I guess we will just have to live with them for a couple of years. I don't need cable, just internet. I'm not sure if their 6 months free promotion is applicable if you only take 1 service from them, instead of a bundle. Anyone know?
Old 2019-10-25, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Hi just got off a chat with a Bell rep and they told me that they only offer TV Satellite in the area.

Does this mean that Rogers will be the only service provider in the community? TekSavvy told my wife they don't have a contract in the area to provide services.

I guess we will just have to live with them for a couple of years. I don't need cable, just internet. I'm not sure if their 6 months free promotion is applicable if you only take 1 service from them, instead of a bundle. Anyone know?
I have Bell Fibe. I dont subscribe to TV at all but Bell also put on their "free" home phone service.
Old 2019-11-19, 12:41 AM
Regular User

Hi Koolk23,

Do you have a contact rep at Bell for your internet? A rep from Bell told her they don't offer service in that community yet, so we're probably not talking to the right person.

My wife has been in contact with Rogers and apparently we can't get internet installed until Nov 29 and we close tomorrow.

Rogers offered us 6 months free for their Gigabit package, and told us they would call back near the end of the term for another promotion. We just got our first bill for $185. It will probably be credited later, because they just have to make it complicated for no reason.
Old 2019-11-19, 09:55 AM
Regular User

sent you a PM.
Old 2019-11-29, 12:57 PM

Hi everyone, we just purchased a Tamarack single on Angel Heights street. Closing date is September 2020. 😊
My understanding is that this area falls under the Westwind PS boundaries until the new Fernbank PS is open in 2021. Does anyone have any info about that? Thanks

Last edited by spike77; 2019-11-29 at 01:30 PM.
Old 2019-11-29, 09:53 PM

Considering Edenwylde or Westwood. Not decided on either yet but we are leaning more to Edenwylde. Would anyone know about pros or cons of either
Old 2019-11-30, 03:23 PM

For the Edenwilde location I noticed that the builder is providing the houses with Radon ready installation. So is that because there is Radon in that area? Donít know.
Old 2019-12-02, 11:44 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike77 View Post
For the Edenwilde location I noticed that the builder is providing the houses with Radon ready installation. So is that because there is Radon in that area? Donít know.
Not sure about Tamarack, but Cardel has Radon ready for all their new build homes from my understanding regardless of if there is Radon in that area or not.
Old 2019-12-02, 12:13 PM
Regular User

I'm curious about why one would choose Edenwylde over Westwood, since to me it looks like Westwood is better located, being closer to amenities along Hazeldean/Terry Fox, tech employment centres, and easier access to 417, albeit not by much. Is it preference of the builders in Edenwylde? Or is it because Edenwylde is quieter? Or proximity to Stittsville Main Street? I'm genuinely interested to know and not trying to diss someone's choice.