Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-09-13, 07:20 PM
Regular User

In speaking with MANY trades who have worked on, repaired my house(s), we've spoken of Mattamy many times, and what it comes down to what they are willing to pay. From what we are told, it isn't much and isn't comparable with the rest of the industry standard.
One of our foreman's said his friend lost his shirt with Mattamy - and left him in a terrible situation.
It's not a case of "they got here last". You get what you pay for.

ETA - Sorry, need to clarify my last sentence. You can most DEFINITELY still get a quality built Mattamy home - just depends on the trades who built it. Good news is they seem to be back on their way up - HMB at least!

Last edited by Cosmogrrl; 2011-09-13 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2011-09-13, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Mattamy.....They've been #1 in the GTA for many years. Their houses in the GTA are solid, even the ones in SW Ontario that have visited and seen in the past
Old 2011-09-14, 04:49 PM
Regular User

However, the management teams are different across regions. Talk to the trades, you will know how Mattamy does here in Ottawa (not Toronto).
Old 2011-09-16, 06:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by England View Post
Mattamy.....They've been #1 in the GTA for many years. Their houses in the GTA are solid, even the ones in SW Ontario that have visited and seen in the past
Yes, they have been able to build some good homes in the GTa but it depends on who you talk to. Awards given are suspicious as some people say they got gifts for giving good reviews, etc. Large donations to local politicians can also be helpful in regards to complaints. I've talked to people in older Mattamy Homes and the issues are coming out - poor insulation, holes for mice to infiltrate, poor soffitts that allow racoons to get in and the list goes on. And, search of internet seems to show more and bigger problems - environmental charges laid. Their advertising is probably the largest as well so it shows better. But, yes, they have some good homes. Just that some of us didn't get them.

http://oakvillehomes.wordpress.com
Old 2011-09-17, 02:53 AM
Regular User

I love my Mattamy home. We had a couple cosmetic issues but havn't had anything major at all. I hate the construction noise, but to be honest that is the only real complaint we have at the moment!

oh, and everyone in ottawa sells w/o permits! lol.
Old 2011-09-17, 02:31 PM
Regular User

I haven't been overly impressed with the build quality but their customer service and tradesmen to repair any warrantied or non-warrantied items have been spot on.
Old 2011-09-26, 02:25 PM
Regular User

Default Love our home in Half Moon Bay

We heard horror stories previous to our move in date with Mattamy as well. We haven't had any major issues, a few cosmetic, but overall have been impressed. We were not delayed and the whole process was great!

I have been even more impressed with their customer service and after sales work!

They also went above and beyond, and although some things might seem very useless when choosing a new home, we found their actions helped make us feel right at home in our new community! Something that we longed for when choosing this house to raise our family in. A few little things that over whelmed me with joy, and they are really little so no laughing, but I thought they were still very thoughtful:

1) When our daughter was born, they delivered a baby basket and card signed by the whole team dealing with our home

2) They dropped us off bluesfest tickets for a night we mentioned we were interested in seeing.

3) They gave us a free night out to the movies, with food included

4) They brought us over extra snow fencing so we could make a run for our dog

5) One of the workers helped me shovel my laneway when I was really pregnant during the winter

Old 2011-09-26, 02:46 PM
Regular User

OakRvr,
I would never laugh at those things!! That is a sign of fantastic customer service and a sales centre that seems to care about their clients.
What a nice treat!
Old 2011-10-09, 11:04 PM
Regular User

I have a friend who works in the sales centre and she is super nice and loves her job. That is a plus!

I live in a Mattamy home and simply put I love it. Every time I drive past the countless Tuxfords, and Sandfields I know I would love my next home to be a Mattamy.

Our home was very well constructed and is just a great floor plan.

One thing I will mention about Mattamy is that after the house is done and whether you have items on your 30 day list or not you have to look at the community. HMB is great! has lots of paths to walk on side walks, the little side roads off of cambrien for the people who live there. The master plan is great! I wish I had a canoe for the jock river!

One thing I dont like however, is the shortness of the driveways in the front. If you have a sidewalk in front you CANT park two cars in the lane way so a lot of people have to park on the road. Can make the road narrow...

But generally its great!