Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-25, 08:21 AM
Regular User

Hello jl9004,

We were at the Mattamy homes yesterday too! I don't know why I continue to go there and torture myself. It was really busy there, again. We wanted to look through the model homes again, but our little munchkin only wanted to sit in the tub in the ensuite bath of the Fernhaven. So that's as far as we made it. Still no phone call about the exterior choices. I did notice that it looks like they are coming along with the streets and surveying the lots. I think that there were only two 36' lots left... I think 97 and 80. Everything else is gone. It sure doesn't looks like the townhomes aren't selling that well.

Old 2006-09-25, 12:08 PM
Regular User

Okay, I just called Mattamy and we should be getting a call this week. I hate waiting! I just want to pick out my exterior colours. Ugh!

Old 2006-09-25, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Hopefully that means we will get a call soon too then. I just hope we like the colour combinations available for us... I'm curious to see what they have.
Old 2006-09-27, 10:23 AM
Regular User

I just got the call and we have an appointment to pick out our bricks tonight! Yay!!

Old 2006-09-27, 11:48 AM
Regular User

Default Awesome!!!

Hey Buffy,

Since we're friends, and soon to be neighbors, I could just call for an update but I imagine everyone here will want to know so ... you better get typing as soon as you get back home from picking your exterior colors girl

Have fun,
Lizard Chick
Old 2006-09-27, 12:00 PM
Regular User

I will be giving you guys the update as soon as I get home. Maybe I'll get lucky and the design catalogue will be ready tonight as well. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 2006-09-28, 08:12 AM
Regular User

Okay, we picked out our exterior colours last night. We had only 3 to choose from. One brick was pink, so that one was ruled out right away. The other two choices were quite different from one another... we ended up picking one called Aztec Sandstone (it's really hard to explain what it looks like). It has quite a lot of character to it... the door colour is the same as the Fernhaven model home. I think that we will be happy with that one. It's so hard to know when you are looking at such a small sample. No design catalogue yet, although I did get an opportunity to look the catalogue for the Berrywood A (thanks jl9004!).

Old 2006-09-28, 08:17 AM
Regular User

Buffy

What colour is your garage door?? Or is it the same as the front door??(same as fernhaven) I hope we get our call today. Cross your fingers for us.
Old 2006-09-28, 08:29 AM
Regular User

jl9004,

The garage door is not the same colour as the front door. It is a taupe-beige colour... I'll have to check out the model homes again to see if I can see the colour... It was just wild though, we brought our little monkey with us and she was too excited to sit still... next time we are getting a babysitter!

Old 2006-10-23, 03:22 PM
domesticdiva

Just out of curiosity, when I inquired about the brick choices, they told me that I was the first one on the list to get to choose- strange since the entire street was almost (2 left) sold out. Perhaps the choices are limited by the number of similar models on the same street and not just by what is on the house next door?