Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-08-22, 12:12 AM
Regular User

Default Gas Station on Blackburn Bypass and Tenth Line

My wife noticed the sign for zoning amendment application for 2302 Tenth Line today. Gas station with a drive through?

http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__74I9PH

I thought there was a similar approval for the south-west corner, now it is the north-west corner. How many gas stations do we need on Tenth Line?
Old 2010-08-22, 08:14 AM
Regular User

The sign is on the south-east corner. The gas bar/drive through proposal was disclosed in Schedule 5 of my sales agreement. Shoppers is on the north-east corner.

On the north-west side it is "proposed commercial" as per Tamarack's site plan. Taggart Realty Management is responsible for this area. Apparently, it will be called Chaperal Centre. Per their website, uses permitted include, retail, food store, DSTM, home improvement, restaurant, theatre, hotel, medical, and office.
http://www.taggart.ca/properties/ret...elopments.html

Do you have a reference concerning the south-west corner? In any case, I hope this means that they will soon be putting in traffic lights instead of that ridiculous 4-way stop.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:42 AM
Regular User

The south-west corner is 2322 Tenth Line Road, here's a link to a city council committee's recommendation:
http://www.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa...V-APR-0056.htm

I don't think we have anything on our schedule 5 about that area's development, we are too far away from that corner. It was a surprise to us. It's weird they put the sign on the south-east side of the road instead of right on the location.

Anyway, I agree we need a traffic night at that intersection. These days I rather go through Lakeridge and Aquaview to avoid it.

Last edited by littlestone; 2010-08-22 at 10:56 AM.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:04 PM
Regular User

That IS weird that they would put the sign across the street of the proposed location. Few people would know that the even street numbers are on the west side. I certainly assumed that the sign location was the proposed location.

Just checked my schedule 5 again (para 3) and it actually talks about the north-east corner being zoned Commercial Convenience and Minto's application for a zoning exception to permit a gas bar, car wash and restaurant drive through. That's where the Shoppers is, though.

I'm guessing the intent was to have at least 1 gas bar? Agree that 2 are definitely NOT needed.
Old 2010-08-23, 09:28 AM
Regular User

I would assume that the intersection would have to get dealt with before any Gas Bar would come to pass. Any word on when this is going to happen?

Old 2010-08-23, 03:59 PM
Regular User

I don't think they would do anything with the intersection until they are ready to finish the East and West bound sides from Portobello to Tenth Line.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:22 PM
Regular User

I'm not sure but I don't think they can put in traffic lights at an intersection which is only one lane in each direction.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-08-24, 09:46 AM
Regular User

The stop sign is annoying enough, 10th line was great till those pesky Chaperal people moved in.
Old 2010-08-24, 12:14 PM
Regular User

You want to know who's annoying? Drivers that drive in the lane designated to turn into Chaperal but aren't turning into Chaperal. At the last possible second, they change lanes cutting the person off in the right (in this case left) lane because they realize they can't keep going straight. I've witnessed this a few times also, some drivers staying in the Chaperal lane and running the stop sign in order to get back in the right lane. The four way stop has been there awhile now yet drivers are still doing this.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-08-24, 12:37 PM
Regular User

If the left lane (southbound) was a dedicated left turn and the right lane was for turning right or going straight, it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Most of the southbound traffic is going left or straight. At times, these peeps are backed up beyond the Shoppers Drug Mart. Since you are turning right into Chaperal, you don't have to deal with this crap.

Also, the left lane has a fairly significant depression or bump about halfway between Lakepoint and the Bypass. Many people drive in the right lane to avoid it.