Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2013-08-23, 04:08 AM
Regular User

Talking Cookstown Millfair Village North Star Homes Innisfil

Hi everyone. I was just curious if anyone has bought or is thinking about purchasing a home in Cookstown, Innisfil in Millfair Village.

http://builder.homebuyers.com/our_co...e/overview.htm

I have read a few posts about North Star Homes in other threads and was wondering if anyone has opinions on them? How soon do they start construction etc?

Thanks.
Old 2013-09-12, 02:08 AM
Regular User

Anyone? I guess no one searches online
Old 2013-09-17, 12:58 PM
Regular User

Hi,

I am also looking at northstar homes in cookstown. we did visit their home in King city, fit and finish appear nice. what is your experiencing so far with the builder in cookstown?

rw
Old 2013-09-20, 10:08 PM
Regular User

Hi rw, good to see another poster My dealings have been quite smooth so far,they have been honest and answered all my questions about the different models. They are supposed to break ground next month.

The main issue I have had is that they have no model homes to look at
Old 2013-09-21, 07:42 AM
Regular User

Yes, the no model home is an issue. My wife and I actually went down to King City, where they have the phase 1 king crossing (bathurst and king road). There is a show home there that shows the features. You can get to it if you visit the sales centre yonge street.

we found that the fit and finish were very nice from the builder. hoping to finalize the paper work this week.

I have found David to be honest and reliable. He has provided advice to us that was unexpected but welcomed. We have not felt rushed or pushed, which is different than other builders.

hope this helps!
Old 2013-09-25, 03:20 PM
Regular User

Yes they have all been pretty honest and have not pressured me ( I have spoken with both of them so far).

What do you think about Cookstown? I am going to be moving in from the city, so it will be quite a change for me I like that it is in between Barrie/Bradford etc and still close to Newmarket and Vaughan and should be way less busy and crowded
Old 2013-09-25, 09:57 PM
Regular User

Cookstown is a great location. My wife and I actually live in the area and moved up from the city 3 years ago. We love the location, all the outdoor activities are right at our doorstep and all the amenities in the city are one hour drive away or closer, depending on where we go. We routinely head right downtown to visit my sister in law for an afternoon.

The site location is perfect for us. We can be in Costco Barrie in 18 minutes by the backroads. Currently, it would take us close to 30 minutes where we live right now, so it suits our lifestyle. Wasaga beach is only about 35-40 mins away and the backroads allow us to avoid traffic and a more leisure drive. The bradford go station is only 20 mins from cookstown, very convenient!

Anyways, like I said, we love the area, it is the perfect location for a friendly and safe neighbourhood but one that is in good proximity to the city.

We just finalized the paperwork for our home. David has been a tremendous help. The builder has been reasonable in regards to some of our proposed changes to the layout. They have not gouged or overpriced the changes, so we felt it was fair for what we changed.

Hope this helps!
Old 2013-09-28, 01:11 AM
Regular User

Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing what Cookstown has to offer . I don't live nearby so if you can post photos of the construction site from time to time that would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw13 View Post
Cookstown is a great location. My wife and I actually live in the area and moved up from the city 3 years ago. We love the location, all the outdoor activities are right at our doorstep and all the amenities in the city are one hour drive away or closer, depending on where we go. We routinely head right downtown to visit my sister in law for an afternoon.

The site location is perfect for us. We can be in Costco Barrie in 18 minutes by the backroads. Currently, it would take us close to 30 minutes where we live right now, so it suits our lifestyle. Wasaga beach is only about 35-40 mins away and the backroads allow us to avoid traffic and a more leisure drive. The bradford go station is only 20 mins from cookstown, very convenient!

Anyways, like I said, we love the area, it is the perfect location for a friendly and safe neighbourhood but one that is in good proximity to the city.

We just finalized the paperwork for our home. David has been a tremendous help. The builder has been reasonable in regards to some of our proposed changes to the layout. They have not gouged or overpriced the changes, so we felt it was fair for what we changed.

Hope this helps!
Old 2013-09-29, 09:48 PM
Regular User

Awesome news rw13. Do they have the curbs across the whole development?

I am looking at a few models. The Gables, The Peachtree and a few others. I like the Cookstown as well...it has a nice layout.
Old 2013-10-04, 12:20 AM
Regular User

It appears that Northstar has just updated their website. It looks pretty good now