Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-04-08, 11:32 AM
Regular User

Default Moving companies

We are currently looking in to Ottawa moving companies for the Saturday of the May long weekend. With so many to choose from, I was hoping to get a few recommendations from people who have recently moved and had a good experience and price.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2017-04-08, 01:24 PM
Regular User

Parkview Movers were great! They came in the cheapest per hour, were efficient and careful with our stuff. They ended up bring almost dead-on with their estimate. I believe they were $130/hr with 1hr of travel time.
Old 2017-04-09, 01:20 PM
Regular User

I'll be following this thread too, we will need a mover down the road....
Old 2017-04-12, 07:33 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post
Parkview Movers were great! They came in the cheapest per hour, were efficient and careful with our stuff. They ended up bring almost dead-on with their estimate. I believe they were $130/hr with 1hr of travel time.
I had Lisa from Parkview over yesterday to conduct the free in-home estimate and was extremely impressed. We will be going with their services.
Old 2017-04-12, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianapex View Post
I had Lisa from Parkview over yesterday to conduct the free in-home estimate and was extremely impressed. We will be going with their services.
Good, glad you liked them!

We were amazed at how efficient and quick everything was. (We were used to moving everything ourselves but decided become real adults and hire help.) These guys were like a whirlwind...6hrs later the house was completely done and I didn't have to lug a single box!
Old 2017-05-10, 02:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post
Good, glad you liked them!

We were amazed at how efficient and quick everything was. (We were used to moving everything ourselves but decided become real adults and hire help.) These guys were like a whirlwind...6hrs later the house was completely done and I didn't have to lug a single box!

We ended up going with Parkview moves after talking to few others. They did an amazing job & we are very happy that we went with them. They were on time, took very good care of all our stuff, very efficient & pleasant. I'll be using them again if we ever have to move again. John was so prompt in getting back to us when we left a message for him. Entire crew was great. They get 5 stars from us
Thanks for posting about them, that is how I found them
Old 2017-05-10, 05:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaG View Post
Thanks for posting about them, that is how I found them
You're welcome!
Old 2017-04-09, 04:06 PM
Regular User

I used Ottawa Pro Movers for my move last February. Found them online. They were really good, on time, and cost me $75/hr for 2 guys and a truck with an hour of travel time. Going to use them for my next move too.
Old 2017-04-10, 02:59 PM

I used First Rate Movers when I moved in Oct/2015 and they were excellent. I don't remember the price I payed, but they had a big truck, were incredibly fast, and took good care of my belongings. I definitely recommend them.
Old 2017-04-12, 07:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KainCanada View Post
I used First Rate Movers when I moved in Oct/2015 and they were excellent. I don't remember the price I payed, but they had a big truck, were incredibly fast, and took good care of my belongings. I definitely recommend them.

I reached out to First Rate based on the great review that my neighbour gave but unfortunately they are closed for the full May long weekend