Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2008-03-04, 12:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakvillehomeowner View Post
i was a little surprised when the lawyer went through the list of restrictions (including no outdoor clotheslines), but i have to admit the cedar does look a lot nicer than pressure treated.
I agree, but with 3 kids, it would take quite some time before the cedars would get large enough for the kids not to go through the "fence" I need to cage them like dogs almost, so I will take anything that will keep them in the backyard Not even sure if the fence will even happen this year, the beauty of new houses...
Old 2008-03-04, 02:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
I agree, but with 3 kids, it would take quite some time before the cedars would get large enough for the kids not to go through the "fence" I need to cage them like dogs almost, so I will take anything that will keep them in the backyard Not even sure if the fence will even happen this year, the beauty of new houses...
ahh - i see the source of the confusion - cedar wood fence, not a "fence" made of cedars.

i hear you with the neverending waiting for a fence saga. ironically, my backyard neighbour wanted me to kick in for a fence when my house was only under construction.
Old 2008-03-04, 02:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakvillehomeowner View Post
ahh - i see the source of the confusion - cedar wood fence, not a "fence" made of cedars.

i hear you with the neverending waiting for a fence saga. ironically, my backyard neighbour wanted me to kick in for a fence when my house was only under construction.
Silly me, I thought you meant real cedars for the fence But I have seen people put real cedars & it does looks nice but takes years to grow... I am curious how much more the cedar fence does cost, we also thought about that but not sure if the 2 neighbours will go for it

Getting a fence while house under construction, now that's not too smart of your neighbour, I assume you said no to that
Old 2008-03-05, 12:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Silly me, I thought you meant real cedars for the fence But I have seen people put real cedars & it does looks nice but takes years to grow... I am curious how much more the cedar fence does cost, we also thought about that but not sure if the 2 neighbours will go for it

Getting a fence while house under construction, now that's not too smart of your neighbour, I assume you said no to that
the guy across from me bought a bunch of 12' tall cedars - his "fence" was fully grown the day they put it in. i'm sure that was more pricey than a real cedar fence, which last time i checked wasn't too much more than pressure treated (i think 40%, but i'd have to check to be sure).

yeah, my one neighbour isn't the brightest. the fence will be going in this spring.