Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2011-01-31, 06:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD66 View Post
Thankyou Daystrip, Enea and Wcg... My house is right in front of where the proposed school will be so I can see the whole area that is currently under construction from my house..I will take pictures tomorrow and try to post them
Ooh!!! That would be great! I'm lot number 144. This would be a huge relief as i have been put on bed rest () and can't go up to see the progress.
Old 2011-01-31, 06:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford bound View Post
First post, add us to Blue Dasher. Lot 146, closing in May!

Sorry to hear about your delay, I didn't know why they didn't build all the homes in a row until the post about a fire break.

Anyone have any idea when the Zehrs is supposed to start building by the Home Depot?
We're also looking forward to any restaurants opening up, other than Crabby Joe's and McDonalds. Hopefully more will start soon.
Hidey neighbour! I'm lot number 144. By the way, welcome to the board
Old 2011-01-31, 06:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldtail View Post
McDonald's is opening at the foot of Summerlyn Trail!

I was up there today and it was a beautiful day! Light posts are on our street ready to go up! Very exciting Meadowhawk Trail!
Agreed... anytime i go up and see the "opening soon" sign for mcdonalds, a little part of me cries.
Old 2011-02-02, 05:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&K2010 View Post
Sorry to hear that you are on bed rest.

Your daughters future friend has been born, I had my daughter dec 28. She is such a pleasure, I'm loving being a mom, much looking forward to spring time so I can start taking walks with the stroller.

How's your house coming along, are they on schedule??
Congrats on the birth of your daughter. Err, a few more days and they could have been in the same grade together I actually envy you, although I am stilla few weeks early, i cannot wait for her to be born. Would give me something to do.

Seems to be that the hosue is on schedule. I havn't received any notice yet that the house has been delayed. It could have been because I have been after them since I found out I was pregnant to bring the closing date sooner.

My husband put the stroller together the other day so also I can't wait to go on walks to the park and through the sub-division. Don't worry, I am sure both girls will be running to each others houses before we know it to go for walks or trips to the park.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:58 AM

Hi We have our decor appointment this month and getting excited!. Closing date in November with the Monarch Semi on Meadowhawk. Anyone have any tips from there experience? How many Pot lights and where did you put them? Should you upgrade the carpet or just the under pad? We are just doing basic things like the ensuite, tv over fireplace, and a couple things in the kitchen. How do you choose counter tops there is some many to pick from! Any help is great.

Goldtail your pics are great makes us feel like this is actually happening for real.
Old 2011-02-02, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Hi IDEH,

What lot are you?

We also have our decor appt. this month. I have to be honest, the appointment which I am looking forward to is stressing me out a bit.

Just trying to figure out what colour cabinets. I really wish I could see more pictures of other peoples houses altough I was happy to see JH82's pictures, but I would love to see more for more inspiration.

Oh well, I'll have to trust our own judgement I guess
Old 2011-02-02, 04:09 PM
Regular User

So, if I'm keeping up with everybody, we all have, or are having daughters on Blue Dasher?
Our daughter will be turning 2 when we move in May.

IDEH, pot lights are like anything else, a personal choice, but if they're your primary light source then the general rule is on for every 25 sq ft. So a 10x10 room would get 4.

We thought about having the fireplace wall prep'd for a t.v. but we found it to be too high. Sitting at the couch you would be looking up to about the 6 foot mark remember. I guess it would also depend on the orientation of your room. We're in the Chicory model and have a spot on the kitchen wall bordering the living room that's perfect for a T.V. The Chicory model home has built in cabinets there.
If I remember right, it has been about 8 months since our decor appointment, we upgraded the carpet in the bedrooms to the first upgrade, but went up to the 3rd for underpad............I think.

We had Lisa for our appointment and she was great, very patient. If you want to put every counter top sample against every tile, she'll do it and give you some good feedback. For us, we got it down to 3 before we went in to make our picks.
In the end we figured we wouldn't remember if the counter was beige with a hint of this or that. When you take possession, you're not going to regret the choice, you're probably not even going to remember the one's you didn't choose.

In the end we chose to upgrade what we couldn't later (without turning the house upside down). Hardwood on the main floor and the master bedroom and upper hall. I'm a contractor, so the other stuff I can do later without too much disruption.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&K2010 View Post
i added a picture of my kitchen to my profile, but i'm not sure how to access it??

and, bradford bound, i do have a daughter, but im on meadowhawk.
I saw your beautiful kitchen! It's in your profile and I posted some comments. If you click on your username it takes you into your profile and you will see the picture there.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:27 PM

Hi Everyone - I'm Mrs. Lot #146 on Blue Dasher.

We got the oak staircase too, since we will definitely not be able to change that after the fact .

If you narrow your choices down first, it makes the decor appointment a lot easier (and faster). We went a few times before our appointment and wrote everything down. It can get pretty overwhelming... The only thing we were really surprised with is that coloured grout is an upgrade. So if you choose tiles that are not white, beige or dark brown you will have to upgrade the grout to match your tiles.

Nice to hear that there will be lots of little ones in the neighbourhood!
Old 2011-02-03, 07:25 AM
Regular User

Hello everyone, this is our first post on the site......

We bought on Downy Emerald with a closing date in mid December. After reading when your closing dates are, where you bought, and after driving around the neighbourhood to see the only progress is on Meadowhawk and on Bluedasher, im getting worried the closing date in December is going to be pushed back by a lot!!!!!!

We have our decor appointment coming up so at least that will give us a little fix until we have something more to look at than a stick in the ground when we visit the site.

take care!!