Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2011-04-23, 09:10 AM

Yes my wife is in there now and we have been reading on the topic...

Thanks!!!
Old 2011-06-08, 10:32 AM

Default Pool

Hey Everyone,

Still considering buying in Summerlyn...however, decided against the maple and thinking about the Cypress...any suggestions!? ...comments ..!?
Prices are gone up! Does anybody have the upgrade price list they wouldn't mind forwarding us?!...

Pool...has anybody considered installing a pool ? We are interested and wondering the costs associated with that etc...

Thanks, Homies
Old 2011-06-09, 08:46 PM

Dude try the face book group...

This forum is a bust...
Old 2011-06-23, 11:23 PM
Regular User

Some other extra's that are standard at GGH are the door between house and garage and gas fireplace on main floor.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homies View Post
Hey Everyone,

Still considering buying in Summerlyn...however, decided against the maple and thinking about the Cypress...any suggestions!? ...comments ..!?
Prices are gone up! Does anybody have the upgrade price list they wouldn't mind forwarding us?!...

Pool...has anybody considered installing a pool ? We are interested and wondering the costs associated with that etc...

Thanks, Homies
I don't believe that GGH will put in a pool. On closing you will need to put a $1000 deposit to not change the grading until everything is passed by municipality (about 1 year sometimes less) Assuming you have access for machinery a pool will likely run you around $20k but it really depends on so many factors so you should call a pool company.

Price list change and are based on the particular home. Your best bet is to sit down with sales reps and get them to price out any extra's your thinking about.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:15 PM

Default Walnut A on Tiger Tail Cres

Hi everyone! I am so happy to stumble on this message forum
My fiance just received our paperwork from Mitch on Tuesday and we are both happy to say that we will be part of Summerlyn community and I'm excited to see everyone so positive about Bradford - not to mention all the tips from everyone (thanks guys!). It will be a change of scenery for us but looking forward to the new house!

We bought a Walnut A on Tiger Tail Crescent with a closing of August 2012. Anyone else on Tiger Tail Crescent?
Old 2011-08-25, 10:11 AM
Regular User

Welcome to Summerlyn!
Unfortunately most of us moved over to a group we have created. There are two - a public and private group - if you're on please search us out.

There are many owners from Tigertail over there. Im moving in next month on Meadowhawk Trail! GGH has been fanstastic to work with so far, and we are very excited to be moving into the Community.

Cheers!
Old 2011-09-13, 02:20 AM

Hi,

To add to your post, as part of their Capital Plan 2010 SCDSB has identified / approved a location for a growth school in Bradford South. While this project remains unfunded at the provincial level.

http://scdsb.on.ca/media/files/about...lan%202010.pdf (page 159 and subsequent pages).

You are also probably aware that recently funding was approved for a replacement school to consolidate Fred C. Cook and Bradford Public School with a new school to be built with a projected opening date of September 2013 at the Fred C. Cook location.

http://scdsb.on.ca/about-us/news-eve...i=11263&y=2011

While Summerlyn community is growing rapidly, I highly doubt that under current economic environment there is any further appetite to run studies for additional public school in close vicinity to FieldCrest Public school. I imagine a more resonable outcome would be to rezone once the replacement school is opened at the Fred C. Cook location.

Ofcourse, if you are more interested in Catholic Public school this would not apply.

Regards,
Old 2011-09-13, 10:35 AM

Hello,

We found out the proposed school at the Summerlyn Village is not going to be built and the land is being sold to the builder to build 40 more houses. The info meeting at Council Chambers on Sept. 6th, 2011 resulted in a small turnout of residents who were upset and voiced our issues. We were told to return on the second meeting to voice our concerns (no date was given!!!) We had to call around and get the info) It was hard to attend a meeting on the day school begins...

Please attend the second meeting Sept. 20th at the Council Chambers @7pm (corner of Dissette and Holland St.) and let our Trustees know before the 20th of Sept. how we feel about having our tax dollars put our kids in portables & being bused to distant schools!!! Please attend this meeting if you care about the school issue.

Primary Contact
Nicole Barnett Black, Trustee - New Tecumseth & Bradford West Gwillimbury; Phone: 705-795-0777; Email: nbarnettblack@scdsb.on.ca

Alternate Contact
Debra Edwards, Chairperson; Trustee representing Orillia
Phone:705-325-4887 Email: debra.edwards@rogers.com

Councillor Ward 1 - Raj Sandhu
Telephone: (905) 775-5366 ext. 1200
rsandhu@townofbwg.com

Also, please contact Patricia Nash (see below) to keep informed of this issue, if there is no response, the council will assume that the community is okay with it's decision.

Patricia Nash
Municipal Clerk
Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
100 Dissette Street, Units 7 & 8
PO Box 100
Bradford ON, L3Z 2A7

We love our home and this community!

Last edited by Summer BF; 2011-09-13 at 09:04 PM.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:50 AM
J&K2010

I am very upset with the school situation in Bradford. Yes, I am disappointed that the simcoe school board is not purchasing the land in summerlyn. A big reason I purchased here was to live in a new house with my children going to a new school. But now, after learning that the simcoe school board has not done any planning to accommodate the growth of our community, I am furious. The school board rep at a town council meeting said that it is not fiscally responsible to build schools in advance. But apparently having the school (fieldcrest) being at 130% (and counting) is responsible?? Fieldcrest is one of the last schools in all of Ontario to have full day kindergarten. In 2014, where do they plan to have all this kindergarten students? Especially considering the number of babies born in 2010 in our subdivision? The school board thinks we should be pleased that they are spending $8.5 million on making the school in the mature part of Bradford smaller. Since the mature schools are not currently over capacity, after the school is smaller, the statistics will then show all schools at or over capacity, and then at that point they will begin the process of building a school in the grand central subdivision, with the goal being a 2015 opening. So for the next few years, the only "plan" is to keep adding more portables. I love my new home, but if living here is at the expense of my children's education, I am not closed-minded to moving away. I wish I knew all this before I chose to purchase here.