Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-02-06, 12:25 PM
Regular User

Default Great Gulf Homes Possible Incentive

Hey Everyone,
We just spoke with a very nice lady named Dorothy at Great Gulf (416-449-1340) and she said this big delay is all new to GGH. The most they have delayed in the past was 4 months. She even said they are actually 3 months ahead in Ajax and are asking customer if they want their homes sooner than later.
She said she is documenting all the calls were placing to her and hopefully if we have enough calls asking for some sort of incentive, then this may go through. She said she has had a few calls already so if any of you want to call in and speak with her and maybe ask if their will be any incetives, ie. hardwood floors, upgraded cabinets, etc. This may give us all more of a chance of getting some sort of incentive because put in mind, these huge delays are all new to GGH as well.

Thanks,
Old 2006-02-06, 12:50 PM
Regular User

Hi,

I actually spoke to Dorothy last Friday and raised that issue with her. I indicated that perhaps GGH should work with the developer in providing some incentives to their customers. I told her we've been happy with GGH thus far, but it would benefit GGH if they provided some incentive for the large delay.

I also pointed out that we would probably be spending thousands of dollars in upgrades and perhaps some money towards that would be beneficial. I even suggested hardwood flooring, so we are on the same wave length.

Thanks for posting this. Dorothy is a very nice lady and has been helpful in providing honest answers when I've asked.
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2006-02-06, 03:45 PM
Regular User

we'll be contacting Dorothy as well. an incentive would definitely be nice and help ease people's frustrations.
Old 2006-02-06, 11:36 PM

Hi there,

We spoke to Dorothy the other day, and she mentioned the possible/likely delay. Although we did not discuss incentives with her, we will definitely bring up the subject when the time comes. GGH have a reputation to uphold and we're confident they will live up to it. We've had wonderful experiences so far with everyone along the way: Harvey, Vivian, and Dorothy.

Great idea by the way!

Pia & Corrado