Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-01-28, 09:57 PM
Regular User

Default HD Antenna, or Satellite ... ? or go slave to the cable

Hello All,

I am moving in to my new house soon, in Kanata, and need to find how many homeowners have been successful in using HD antennas and/or satellite setup to avoid paying Rogers or Bell for their TV service.

If you have any experience with either of these setup, please pass on as much information as you can to help me make a decision in the upcoming week.

There are number of people, in the Toronto area, are able to receive HD channels using HD antennas.

Thanks.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:18 AM
Regular User

Don't give in to cable! I have this HD antenna:
http://www.ottawaliving.ca/property....operty_id=7425

I get 13 analog and 6 digital (HD channels) and apparently there are more coming as the other local networks switch over by next summer.
Old 2010-01-29, 08:09 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hola2005 View Post
Hello All,

I am moving in to my new house soon, in Kanata, and need to find how many homeowners have been successful in using HD antennas and/or satellite setup to avoid paying Rogers or Bell for their TV service.

If you have any experience with either of these setup, please pass on as much information as you can to help me make a decision in the upcoming week.

There are number of people, in the Toronto area, are able to receive HD channels using HD antennas.

Thanks.
Nuts to cable. Rogers' new update they pushed out has made the their stupid box even less usable than before. I can't stand having to press "guide" twice just to get past their stupid launch screen and, you know, into the GUIDE.
Old 2010-01-29, 09:37 AM
Regular User

19 Channels!! That is maybe 30 seconds of flicking! Right now there isn't much out there. FTA is ok but you have to reconfigure it all the time. I watch tv when I don't have other work to do, I don't want tv to add to my to-do list!
Old 2010-01-29, 10:24 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alymg View Post
Don't give in to cable! I have this HD antenna:
http://www.ottawaliving.ca/property....operty_id=7425

I get 13 analog and 6 digital (HD channels) and apparently there are more coming as the other local networks switch over by next summer.
Can you check the antenna link? It's a link to a house on a busy street..
Old 2010-01-29, 12:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepex View Post
I can't stand having to press "guide" twice just to get past their stupid launch screen and, you know, into the GUIDE.
OMG I know, that just starting happening last night.....super annoying!

Old 2010-01-29, 01:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Nuts to cable. Rogers' new update they pushed out has made the their stupid box even less usable than before. I can't stand having to press "guide" twice just to get past their stupid launch screen and, you know, into the GUIDE.
I agree - what was wrong with the way it was??
Old 2010-01-29, 01:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yeah, what IS THAT NONSENSE?? as though the original guide wasn't annoyingly snow enough.

Cable is becoming more and more useless. I download a fair bit of movies and shows... I'm definitely considering an attic HD antenna.

Old 2010-01-29, 01:19 PM
Regular User

Rogers Cable is OK, but they need a new box for sure! Using Bell's unit is much easier and offers more features.

I'd be interested to know what channels you're consistently picking up with the antenna.
Old 2010-01-29, 01:57 PM
Regular User

Okay WE HATE the new Rogers "quick guide" guide. It's not more convenient and we want it removed...I'm sure they can come up with a code you punch into your remote to get it turned off. BUT YOU ALL NEED TO COMPLAIN!!! We called and spoke to someone who said no, so we spoke to their supervisor and he said no... so today we are speaking to "the office of the president".

Maybe if enough people complain we can get this "new and improved service" removed!!!

Please help us and COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN!!

They tried telling my husband it was MORE convenient!! LOL What a joke!

NEW Closing Dec. 11th

NEW NEW CLOSING DEC. 23rd.

Moved in Dec. 24th. 2008