Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2006-03-24, 02:43 PM
Regular User

Default SEARS BUY NOW, PAY LATER DEALS ON APPLIANCES

hELLO THERE,

Anyone done this at SEARS, on their appliances? What is the procedeure to doing this, and what is the service like?

I heard from someone that they are very good if there is a problem with the product, and the delivery guys also bring the stuff round, and hook them up?

We are planning to buy our appliances there, for the new house, and will rather defer the payments.

Waiting in anticipation for your answers

Ta
Old 2006-03-24, 02:55 PM
Regular User

Hi,

We end up buying our applianes at The Bay ...no payments to April/07 option. Got a good deal as well.
You pay taxes and deferral fee up front....

Old 2006-03-27, 08:26 AM
Regular User

I just bought all my appliances from Sears. I decided to pay for everything up front and take the double club points. By doing this I'll earn about $250.00 in points on my Sears card, which I figure I'll use to buy a garage door opener.

About five years ago I purchased an air conditioner from Sears and use the differal plan. I had to pay the taxes and a fee up front. The rest was divided up into 24 equal payments with no interest that were billed to me monthly. It worked well for me and I didn't have any problems with the unit. I intend to do the same with the new house.

Old 2006-06-12, 11:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by England
hELLO THERE,

Anyone done this at SEARS, on their appliances? What is the procedeure to doing this, and what is the service like?

I heard from someone that they are very good if there is a problem with the product, and the delivery guys also bring the stuff round, and hook them up?

We are planning to buy our appliances there, for the new house, and will rather defer the payments.

Waiting in anticipation for your answers

Ta
We have done this before. As mentioned above you have to pay the taxes and a fee up front.

This is a good way of getting the big items you want and pay later.

I suggest you start saving a little money now, so when it comes time to pay you are okay with the payments. If you miss a payment, you will be charged the interest for that month.

Sears will install the appliances for a fee.
They will also service them. We have never had a problem with the service calls.
Old 2006-07-14, 10:37 PM
Regular User

Check out Appliance Canada. They have always beat everyone else's prices. I bought all my appliances from them after price shopping around

http://www.appliancecanada.com/residential/index.htm
Old 2006-07-16, 01:37 AM
Regular User

sears will match or beat any price - all you have to do is write the model # and price on the back of another store's business card. excellent warranty/service, and a more stable company than "appliance canada". it's best if you know exactly what you want when you go in. talk to ian at the dundas/403 location.
Old 2006-07-16, 02:23 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakvillehomeowner
sears will match or beat any price - all you have to do is write the model # and price on the back of another store's business card. excellent warranty/service, and a more stable company than "appliance canada". it's best if you know exactly what you want when you go in. talk to ian at the dundas/403 location.
I did this as well using Appliance Canada as my price match competitor. Sears was more than happy to match. The other advantage with sears is that you can delay payment for 1 year interest free (you do have to have a sears card to do this). Appliance Canada wants the money upon delivery.

The other thing I found better at Sears was that their reps were much nicer and more helpful. At Appliance Canada I found some of the sales reps not helpful and down right rude. This one guy wouldn't talk to me about price unless I gave the exact model number I was interested in. Then he lied to my face when I asked for his card he said he didn't have business cards. Well I kept looking around the store and low and behold I found his card at one of the kitchen displays. So I took the card and stapled it to the prices I wrote down since he only verbally gave me the costs and I went over to Sears where they were more than happy to match. The funny thing was that only 2 of our 5 appliances were significantly cheaper at Appliance Canada (stove and fridge) while the washer,dryer and dishwasher were about the same price.
Old 2006-07-16, 08:19 AM
Regular User

We had a great experience at Appliance Canada and went several times before actually signing a deal. Each time we went the sales reps were very helpful. He even talked us out of a more expensive washing machine because the lower priced model from a different manufacturer was a more reliable machine.

We had priced at several different places over several months as we were not in a hurry and ended up saving 20% at Appliance Canada. That included delivery as well.

Sears is great and also very helpful so either way you won't go wrong.
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2006-07-17, 10:28 AM
Regular User

sears discounted my kitchenaid between 20% and 28% below their list prices - before you show them your "quote", knock few $ off it to make sure you're getting at least 20% off on average. the discounts were bigger on the dishwashers iirc.