Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Technology and Electronics

Home Technology and Electronics To discuss the technology that is going into your home from planning, wiring, hardware and usage.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-12, 11:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmeister7 View Post
Wow, what else can I say. All I know is we put a 10 x 10 dog run in our backyard as we're still saving for that first fence and want to keep the dogs from running all over the place. Our neighbours are none too impressed with the situation. I could only imagine what would get said if we put that up.

BTW, do you need a blinking light to prevent planes from hitting it - hahaha.

Too each his own I guess.
Exactly.....so why go through all that trouble posting. I'll take the tower any day over your stinking dog
Old 2010-08-12, 11:25 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Where it sits they can see it from their living room. We were also told it will attract flies. We clean it every day and usually right after the dogs go outside so that's not really a problem. For me, the birds that are now congregating in our yard and are eating all the seed I've been using to top dress my lawn is pretty irritating, not to mention the fleas they bring with them. The new neighbours have a bunch of birdhouses and feeds in their yard. I'm just waiting for the predators to start coming out of the bush to feed on the birds.

Sigh, aren't neighbours fun. I know we're no treat with three busy kids and the dogs, but then again this is a young family neighbourhood not a retirement community.
Funny that isn't it, you complaining about the tower and people complaining about your dogs....see the correlation here?

I'll agree with your neighbours on this, do dogs really fit into your lifestyle with 3 young kids or are you just one of those that got it because others have dogs? Not that I care, but am glad you aren't next to me
Old 2010-08-12, 11:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I was just perusing your channel selection and just realized why those channels are broadcasting for free. What was that song "57 channels and nothing on"...

All the best with that though. Looks like a fun project, but better in your yard than mine. My other half would be suspending me from it to warn off any other neighbours from doing the same - haha

Sounds like you and your other half are CONFRONTATIONAL people? I hope this doesn't keep you up at night eh
Old 2010-08-12, 11:30 AM
Regular User

So England, as I asked before, did you try seeing what channels you could get without the tower? I bet that you would pick up almost the same number without the tower (or at least a much shorter tower). The problem is that Ottawa is in a bad area for picking up free channels. There just aren't enough broadcasters within antena range. As I mentioned, a co-worker has an antenna set up in their attic and from what I can remember he gets almost all the channels that you get.
Old 2010-08-12, 11:31 AM
Regular User

channel selection sucks...no sports...lol...free channel...waste of money, all this channel you could easily get over the internet lol. Try to get free wi-fi too or if you neighbour doesnt secure the connection? lol
Old 2010-08-12, 11:33 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday5pm View Post
channel selection sucks...no sports...lol...free channel...waste of money, all this channel you could easily get over the internet lol. Try to get free wi-fi too or if you neighbour doesnt secure the connection? lol
How do you know that I don't? There is more to the channel selection I posted, got more after another scan last night
Old 2010-08-12, 11:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerapau View Post
So England, as I asked before, did you try seeing what channels you could get without the tower? I bet that you would pick up almost the same number without the tower (or at least a much shorter tower). The problem is that Ottawa is in a bad area for picking up free channels. There just aren't enough broadcasters within antena range. As I mentioned, a co-worker has an antenna set up in their attic and from what I can remember he gets almost all the channels that you get.

Don't care what you or your co-worker did
Old 2010-08-12, 11:37 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by England View Post
How do you know that I don't? There is more to the channel selection I posted, got more after another scan last night
Ya but they're free, you can get it over the internet too. Waste your money buying that tower.
Old 2010-08-12, 11:38 AM
Regular User

Wow, England, you are so confrontational, both on here and with your neighbours.
Old 2010-08-12, 11:40 AM
Regular User

You like to waste money too.
Closed Thread