Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2010-09-24, 09:18 AM
Regular User

Default Built in microwave or OTR microwave

Hello,

Does anyone know the upgrade option greenpark offers for a built in microwave?

I wanted to know if i can buy an OTR microwave and just replace the standard vent that they provide. Will the cabinets over the range be shorter for it to fit?

Or is it an upgrade that i have to request
Old 2010-09-24, 02:37 PM
Regular User

hi,

I believe you had to request it at time of decor. We requested them to put a plug there, which would mean we are putting an OTR microwave. I'm guessing you can do it after as well.
Old 2010-09-26, 01:25 PM
Regular User

To add to Delstine's point. We also requested the OTR which we paid $175 for the outlet. If I'm not mistaken, they requested the information as the cabinets are to be slightly shorter for the OTR microwave. I would research the average height of an OTR microwave and the regular space of the hood vent. If it's not a huge difference - I wouldn't worry about it. Realistically - there's electricity for the hood vent so it would be easy to have the outlet installed for the OTR microwave (and probably have it completed for alot less than $175)