Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2011-08-25, 10:28 PM
Regular User

Samsung fridge
KitchenAid stove
Bosch diswasher
Kobe hoodfan
Samsung washer/dryer

Its been 2 months and so far we very pleased with all our choices.

Agree with everyone above -- don't worry about whether they are the same brand. Go for the appliance you want especially if you plan to be in that house for a while.
Old 2012-12-05, 04:29 PM
Regular User

Samsung fridge
Thermador Gas stove and dishwasher
Samsung washer dryer
Old 2013-01-22, 11:17 AM

Default Electrolux vs. Jenn Air

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. I narrowed down two lines of appliances that I like. Electrolux vs. Jenn Air. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have always owned GE Profile products but would like to upgrade to a more commercial line. I really like Electrolux but don't know if it has any issues. The Jenn Air fridge seems smaller and that is the only draw back with that line
Old 2013-01-22, 01:30 PM
Regular User

Go with Jenn air.I am thinking to change my fridge as well.I mean I originally ordered samsung but it wasn't a cd so I am switching to kitchen aid or Jenn air
Old 2013-01-22, 02:22 PM
Regular User

Joke on me - I'm thinking who puts a cd player in a fridge then figured out it probably meant counter depth
Old 2013-01-22, 02:26 PM
Regular User

We went with the GE Monogram. I love it. It also has the commerical appeal.

I just was talking to an appliance repairman (he was over changing out a dented door) and he said two brands he would stay away from are Thermador and Electrolux (fridges in particular but all appliances in general).

As for a fridge he would most recommend - Fisher & Paykel. But only if you live in the city, he said in more rural areas he has to replace many boards as they are particularly weak against power surges.

We have a counter depth Kitchen Aid and really like it. It is starting to freeze up at the freezer drain though. I also asked the repair guy about this and it is an easy fix (open up the back and cut a little off the bottom of the drain nipple to widen it). I have not done this yet so we will have to see how it goes.

Last edited by bcpl; 2013-01-22 at 02:28 PM.
Old 2013-01-25, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Hey guys,

I went to pdi today and got a question for you.My kitchen counter top in not cut out for my stove and the guys told us tht we have to do it Ourselves
Is it a norm?
Old 2013-01-26, 08:24 AM
Regular User

no for sure they supposed to do that. its in ur home plan too. In kitchen area they marked he stove top.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:01 AM
Regular User

We bought

Samsung Counter-depth fridge
Samsung dishwasher
Bluestar Gas range
Samsung Washer and Dryer....

However....I agree with those who said to go with whatever you like (do your research though) because you're the one who has to live with your choices in your house.

Almost everything we bought was Samsung but originally we wanted an LG counter-depth fridge, but in the end we bought the Samsung because we couldn't pass up on the price we were getting vs the LG.

go with what your heart tells you...but think with your brain first lol
Old 2013-01-26, 09:04 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juglans View Post
Hey guys,

I went to pdi today and got a question for you.My kitchen counter top in not cut out for my stove and the guys told us tht we have to do it Ourselves
Is it a norm?
Hey Jugs, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to do that for you. plus, correct me if im wrong, your stove in not a slide in right? that means that the builder should already have it cut to he standars 31.XX" or whatever it is. I think you need to raise some hell (nicely of course )