Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-09-02, 02:05 PM

Default Cardel Briarwood - Blackstone

Hi folks!

I'm a new potential homeowner, and I'm 90% sure Im going to go with the Briarwood Townhome by Cardel in Blackstone.

I was wondering if anyone can speak to the area, and also if anyone has owned a Briarwood, it would be helpful with their practical experience living with it. Particularly the dining area.

Side note question: How would you compare Blackstone in Kanata/Stittsville to Arcadia (Minto) in Kanata North?
Old 2014-09-02, 03:28 PM
Regular User

Blackstone = possibly close to hydro lines
Arcadia = low terrain, swampy land

I guess Blackstone wins. I would also like Cardel better as a builder.

Last edited by shimh; 2014-09-02 at 03:30 PM.
Old 2014-09-03, 01:41 PM
Regular User

Minto is no longer swamp land...that was their intial phase. And having owned a Cardel I would personally go with Minto instead.
Ex-Minto Homeowner
Old 2014-09-03, 02:26 PM
Regular User

Hi homevirgin. I'm happy with my Cardel home in Blackstone and the area is going to be very nice when complete (nice system of parks and pathways), with a commercial area and good planned bus service... my only concern with the townhomes is some of them are on private roads, meaning a maintenance fee.
Whiteout
Old 2014-09-04, 08:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Minto is no longer swamp land...that was their intial phase. And having owned a Cardel I would personally go with Minto instead.
I remember those fields long before they were bulldozed for homes and it's always been super-wet, especially in the spring melt when the Carp river always spills way over right across that area. It's also some of the lowest land in that area if you go and look around - the whole of Centrum and the vast new housing areas uphill all drain somewhere... I'm think they've built up the land height a bit but I'd have a ton of questions about drainage or just look elsewhere before I considered it.
Old 2014-09-10, 09:20 PM
Regular User

Valecraft also has towns on the other side of Terry Fox in Trailwest...

Like others have mentioned, the town lots in Blackstone seem kinda crappy, private streets and very close to Terry Fox.