Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-23, 02:36 PM
KBMF

Smile Architect's choice options

New thread to keep it organized

Ena we have thought about the same options. Also thinking about the fireside gathering because we like the half wall BUT we dont want the big TV hole for the media niche. So not to sure about that one. Also getting the niche in the dressing area
Old 2006-09-23, 02:42 PM
Regular User

I know what you mean.....we didn't like the TV hole either so we decided against the fireside gathering. We liked the coat nook by the garage door but didn't think it was worth $1400.
Old 2006-09-23, 02:56 PM
KBMF

I know, 1400 is definetely steep for coat niche. I dont even understand how that fireside gathering is 2500 for a half wall and hole in the wall. I doubt they will customize it for us though and just put in the half wall

We also asked today about the ensuite windows. From the plans it seems like you get one small window and one big window in the corner. But in the model home there are two big matching windows on the corner. When we asked about why the difference, they said that getting the two big matching windows as per the model home is an upgrade option, this is weird because it doesnt list it as an option in the plans. It seems that in the side/rear/front plans its a single small window thats an option. Anyway, im not sure they really knew as they seemed a little uncertain about their answer. I guess we will find out for sure during our structural appointment. They said it had nothing to do with the 9" ceilings either since we thought getting the two big double windows might be an added feature to getting 9".

I really wish they had made at least one model home without the 9" ceilings just to compare windows, door sizes etc. with the 8" ceilings.
Old 2006-09-23, 09:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMF
I know, 1400 is definetely steep for coat niche. I dont even understand how that fireside gathering is 2500 for a half wall and hole in the wall.
Pff... 1400$ for an upgrade, that's nothing. Wait till you get into the real stuff, you'll be adding lots of 1400$. Better hardwood? Better carpet? Underpad? Better windows? Big $$$!
Old 2006-09-24, 10:18 PM
KBMF

Red face

Hi

I think I may be a bit confused about the fireside gathering in the Fernhaven. Is the 2500 cost just for the TV hole (media niche) or is it for that AND the half wall. I thought it was for both but then I dont understand how a half wall adds to a fireside gathering. So now I am thinking the half wall is something we can get seperate from the TV hole. Does that make sense? Any info is appreciated

Just as a side note: I am thinking far too much about these upgrades! Im completely neurotic
Old 2006-09-25, 08:18 AM
Regular User

If I remember correctly, the fireside gathering option includes the half wall and the media niche.
Old 2006-09-25, 11:29 AM
KBMF

Thanks Ena

Wishful thinking on my part I guess
Old 2006-09-26, 01:41 PM
KBMF

Wondering if anyone has given any thought to getting the 9" ceilings. I think we (my boyfriend and I) are definetely getting to get them on the main floor but we were quoted 9k to get them on the second floor. That quote seems to be about 3-5k more than anyother mattamy development and very steep. Right now its a no if it is 9k and a maybe if its 5k as in other developments.

anyone else thought about getting the 9" on the first and second floors?
Old 2006-09-26, 01:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMF
Wondering if anyone has given any thought to getting the 9" ceilings. I think we (my boyfriend and I) are definetely getting to get them on the main floor but we were quoted 9k to get them on the second floor. That quote seems to be about 3-5k more than anyother mattamy development and very steep. Right now its a no if it is 9k and a maybe if its 5k as in other developments.

anyone else thought about getting the 9" on the first and second floors?

Hi K,

9" ceilings sure look nice. If it's reasonably priced, I’d like to at least consider 9" ceiling upgrade for the first floor. 9" upgrade on the second floor sounds like a bit of a scam! If it ever came down to getting 9" ceilings at that price tag, I’d stick with the first floor only.

I'll look into getting that second floor 9" upgrade from an external contractor once i move in.
Old 2006-09-26, 02:19 PM
Regular User

Default 9' ceilings

KBMF,

When we asked the sales person (Bob) we were "quoted" approx. $6000 for the main floor, and "slightly less" for the 2nd floor. (we bought an Oakriver)

The main floor 9' ceiling is definitely on our upgrade wish-list, especially if it means the garage ceiling is higher.